Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well bronco was running top notch. Fixed the angles of my side mirrors then went for a drive about 2 miles total. Pulled in the garage an turned off the truck and smelled coolant. Sure enough I look on the ground and see green. Only enough to fill half a shot glass but it's there to notice. I looked around and it's dripping off a skid plate that's betweenthe bumper and oil pan on the passanger side. It looks to be comming off a hose that isn't coolant. So I searched the top. There's a puddle of coolant on the top of the motor. A little pool by the ECT sensor. But I can't find the source. I started the truck and reved it to operating temp to open the thermo and couldn't see where it's comming from. Anyone have ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
you can get a pressure tester at auto zone, just gotta put down a cash deposit that they will return when the get the tool back, just make sure not use to much pressure while testing

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
If you don't have a pressure tester, just keep looking around on the block....start ruling stuff out...look at the water pump, see anything there? might need to clean up what already on there and watch as it's idling. what about all the small coolant hoses? i actually check all connections with each new season, the connections can get loose with changes in temps. Have you checked your oil? When I had a mystery coolant leak that I could smell and that put a little puddle of coolant on the ground...I looked around and found coolant just up above the water pump and in looking around, it was coming from around the drivers side head. Took this one in to the dealer, and they told me one of the front bolts goes through a coolant passage, and that bolt had broke from corrosion.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well two days. Drove it a hell of a lot of miles.. Plenty of coolant still left but no puddles or any drips now. Really weird I havnt got more drops. At least now it's nice to look under the truck and see no fluids.

Will try the pressure test though. Forgot about that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts