Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I searched, I read and tried a lot of the things I read about....

Couple days back took the truck out for a spin. It was not hot out I did not sit in traffic at all but....

I was dripping coolant. I could not find out from where. Now it was comming out the bottom of the bracket, next to the drain, but, it was not comming from the drain itself.

I check all the hoses they are fine, the radiator is fine, the over flow is fine, pump is good, all my caps are on tight and oddly enough it has not happen since....

But two days later, and tinking around it is still bothering me. It was about a cup or so of coolant, not a ton mind you.

What could have done this ?

Being in AZ and once it gets hot the radiator is about the last thing I want to go out on me.

Is there some place else I should be looking, or something else I should try?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Any decent radiator shop can pressure check it for you. Come summer time in PHX, you need a good radiator and A/C.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
You should put a pressure tester on it, and dig around with a flashlight and look. Spray the vicinity that its been leaking down with some brake clean or w/e and get it nice and grease-free and look around when you put it under pressure.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,518 Posts
Much better with the lights off, eh? Maybe you should nickname it "butterface" (She's got a smokin' bod, butterface is uggg-leee!).
Anyway, is the rad aluminum w/plastic tanks, or all brass? Plastic is showing itself to be no match to heat and pressure, especially if it's old. I had a Dodge van heater valve break apart in my hands, nearly scalding me with boiling coolant. So if the rad is aluminum/plastic, you might just want to replace it, then pressure test the system. After all, the system is only as weak as the weakest point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts