Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993, Ford Bronco, EB, 5.8l. Auto Trans, Manual Transfer Case, Warn Manual Hubs. 4" Skyjacker lift
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, was replacing my pcv when I noticed this disconnected strap. Does anyone know where it connects to? Been searching but cant seem to find it in any diagrams...
It's a 93 5.8
Thanks in advance!

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Wood
Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Rim Gas

·
Registered
89 F250 460/zf5/D60/40's
6 Posts
Hey everyone, was replacing my pcv when I noticed this disconnected strap. Does anyone know where it connects to? Been searching but cant seem to find it in any diagrams...
It's a 93 5.8
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 190412 View attachment 190413
That ground goes under the factory plenum to manifold strap/bracket. Its most likely been removed, But on the left side of the plenum there is a threaded hole where you can run it back in with a bolt

·
Registered
1993, Ford Bronco, EB, 5.8l. Auto Trans, Manual Transfer Case, Warn Manual Hubs. 4" Skyjacker lift
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Is there a reason for removal? I figure it's obviously fine as is, but curious as to what the purpose for disconnecting it would have been?

That ground goes under the factory plenum to manifold strap/bracket. Its most likely been removed, But on the left side of the plenum there is a threaded hole where you can run it back in with a bolt

·
Registered
89 F250 460/zf5/D60/40's
6 Posts
Thank you! Is there a reason for removal? I figure it's obviously fine as is, but curious as to what the purpose for disconnecting it would have been?
Im putting headers on at the moment, and took off it off to take the bolts out of the manifold. I don't see the bracket from plenum to manifold being needed, but im going to add the ground strap back at least. So i imagine someone did some manifold/intake work on your truck, and just left it off.

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,821 Posts
That Ground strap connects the Upper Plenum to the Firewall,
Yes It's needed.

the Bracket that wire connects to for the Upper Plenum is Needed also
to help support the offset weight upper plenum & for the Transmisson Dipstick
to connect to as well.

you can just see the T stick bracket & bolt just under the plenum in this pic.

Good Luck,
Dragon

[url=http://www.quader1.com/image/H7RbJ][/URL]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts