Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has n e one done a sas over here , i want mine done but dont wanna fuk it up . just seein if i can take a look at one ib person or ill pay someone to do mine.LOL. i might not get into this winter tho...let me know....

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't know any Michigan members with an SAS swap on there Bronco. Zach (BadassBronco) might be coming over from Illinois on Oct. 27 for the Cidermill gathering, he would be a good person to do it/talk to about the SAS.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i have had a sas for a whiiiiiiiile.
i can answer some questions for ya. my rig is currently in the TC area. if ya still need to check it out email me... maybe we can meet up.

ps- shameless plug for my front axle- 1978 d44 for sale in classifides section.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool,but since i dont have a welder i cant do the trac bar part and thats really the only thats holding me bak right now.pics are at FTW under same name,i have figured out how to do pics here yet

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hmm 4 sas swaps out of your garage you say. Just for the sake of knowing how much would you charge? I mean total cost for everything. Let me know the more I think about it the more interested im getting.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
built4wheelin,ya id like to know more like estimated price and were would i have to take it cuz im all the way in detroit.

·
Registered
225 Posts
labor costs start at $1000. you supply an entire 78-79 style d44 front end with all factory brackets and such, coils of your choice, bushing kit, drop radius arm brackets depending on amount of lift, brake lines of your choice, and custom steering setup. we can build custom DOM steering for a little extra- SRE's or TRE's, under or over knuckle- your choice. custom DOM track bar is extra. can rebuild axle and setup gears and lockers of your choice for extra. i can also source you a rebuildable axle.
shop is in traverse city area. :beer

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds cool man, i think i found an axel but its gonna be awhile before its rebuilt or i f i even get it.i would love to doit myself and learn how it all goes so i can do it again sumtime.would you make trac bar brackets??how much would thos cost?

·
Registered
225 Posts
i have made lots of trac bar brackets. unfortunately they are all slightly different because of different ride heights and custom configurations.
i would need to locate the axle under the vehicle with the vehicle's weight on it's tires to correctly fab and locate the bracket.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o dam, i was just gonna sorta ****** rig sum kinda bracket up but i guess that wont werk now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts