Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I tried putting a 4" lift together for my '90 FSB. Never having done it before and taking a few years to slowly put it together, I made some mistakes matching up the exact lift I had in mind. Then I sold the '90 and bought my '95 w/a 6" lift already installed and in good condition. After much procrastinating, I've finally accepted the 6" lift and that's left me all these goodies to sell off here to someone else who will hopefully put 'em to good use.
I've checked all the parts from receipts and websites and reduced my price accordingly but these are heavy, metal parts and I'm sure shipping will be a real drag. I'm totally inexperienced at estimating shipping, so please work with me and I'll fumble through it. Packing is not a problem but I live in a rural county with no direct access to any shipping companies other than U.S.P.S., who my ol' lady works for. Shipping from 99156, aka: Newport, WA.
I'm willing to sell these items individually but I'd be happy to make a package deal if someone can put it all to good use.

The bottom line for me here... we all drive away happy and I make some of my money back for other Bronco parts I need. I'm happy to work with my FSB brothers or sisters but I'm too broke to be givin' stuff away.

NEW: Axle U-Bolts; HUSKYSPRING
Rear; 9/16" X 3-1/4" x 8-3/4" Round Bend; w/ Deep Nuts & Thick Hardened Washers: $25

NEW: Zero Rate Add-a-Leaf Kit (pair), 3"w x 1"t (U8001): $55

NEW IN BOX: 6 - 5100 Series Bilstein Shocks for 4" lift.
PRICE REDUCED from $420 TO $375 for ALL 6 shocks. See post #19 for further details!!

More parts to add in the next post.

Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Continuing on...

All of these parts I had professionally blasted and powder coated with a Black and Gray "SHOCK".
Sorry they're dirty in these pics, they've been gathering dust for the last year in my shop, waiting for me to make up my mind.

NEW: Front Axle Drop Radius Arm Bracket, Pair 4-6" Lift: $200

NEW: 4.5" Shackle Bracket Kit: $180

USED!!!! 80-96 Ford Bronco & F150 SkyJacker Coil Springs, 4 Lift: $100
These were given to me by @BigBlue 94 for the cost of shipping. He used them previously but told me they were in great shape (as they seem to be) for the 4" lift but they weren't pretty (cracked red coating). So... I made 'em purdy too.

And just for reference... the whole "Kit and Kabootle" for your viewing and hopefully, purchasing pleasure.

Please do your own homework to ensure everything here is exactly what you need and or want. I would have ended up with a solid 4" lift in the front and nearly 5"-5.5" in the rear but the zero rate blocks are what you need to re-center the rear axle when you do the rear bracket shackle flip. There are plenty of ways to work around this but I'll leave that to someone else who's not already sporting a perfectly good 6" lift.

Happy to answer any questions and I can snap more pics if needed but please be a serious buyer before asking because they're all stashed in the roof shelving (15+ ft. in the air) in my shop now, until they get packed up and sold. I'd prefer to sell these in a local, pickup kinda deal but I am willing to ship. Just might take me a bit of time because I should have weighed all this stuff individually and together but I really don't have my act that together right now. Sorry.

Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Those coils are actually skyjacker brand, just fyi. 98% driven on-road

Reactions: BikerPepe`

Discussion Starter #4
I'd love to sell this whole setup to any FSB member in good standing.
I'm also willing to part out and negotiate. Hell... I'd even be willing to deliver, within' reason.

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L

Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
I might be interested in the coil鈥檚..Do I need to drop the axle mounting points for 4 inches or stock mounting points with a new wheel alignment work? .. let me butter up TLW and see if I can get the go ahead. ;)

Discussion Starter #9
You guys should know me well enough by now to know... I'm not the best guy for general lift advice. I haven't installed one myself, so your guess is likely as good as mine. Make sure you want what I'm selling for yourself. If you buy it and it's wrong, that's on you... the same as my mistakes were on me. The only thing I can tell you with 100%, unquestionable certainty is what these parts are, not exactly what they can and can't be used for. Disclaimer stated, let me do the best I can here. If you're seriously interested... let's make it clear, as it's always First Come, First Serve in here and 3 hits in 1 day could cause some concern.

Do these use the Ford rear shackles?
Do the bolt mount holes match the factory bolt mount holes on the frame?
Yes, the original SkyJacker Shackle Flip brackets use the existing frame holes to replace the rear-most Ford shackles and leave the front leaf shackles in place. That causes forward movement of the rear axle, as it swings down/forward. Using the shackle flip brackets by themselves leaves the rear axle off center, about 1" forward in the wheel-well. That's what the "Zero Rate" blocks are used to correct by allowing you to move the axle mounting points back 1" on the leaf springs. I am under the assumption that flipping the stock bracket results in the same axle un-centered issue and requires re-drilling of the frame but that can allow for better placement to accomodate the extra 3/4-1" of lift from the zero-rate block. People tackle these issues differently.

Yo, Pepe. Will the shackle reversal work on a F250?
I checked on JBG: 1980-1997 Ford Bronco and F-Series OEM Rear Spring Hanger, so I would have to assume the same replacement should apply. You'll have the same concern with axle swing and need to re-center the axle, I would imagine.

I might be interested in the coil鈥檚..Do I need to drop the axle mounting points for 4 inches or stock mounting points with a new wheel alignment work? .. let me butter up TLW and see if I can get the go ahead. ;)
To get 4" of front lift, you need:
  • Front axle drop brackets, which are setup for a 4" and/or a 6" lift (this is the market standard, 1 set of brackets pre-drilled for both lifts)
  • You need 4" lift Radius Arm Drop Brackets or extended Radius Arms if you're looking for maximum flex (rock crawling, etc.)
  • You need 4" lift coils
  • You need 4" lift shocks (2 or 4, depending on how your FSB is setup)
Other things you might need...
  • I don't think you NEED to extend brake lines for a 4" lift but these are old rigs and with modifications and aftermarket parts replaced over the years we've all had 'em on the road, you might want to be sure for yourself.
  • If you plan to keep your sway-bar, I don't think you need a drop bracket for the 4" lift but I believe you do for a 6", so make sure for yourself or just take the thing off and throw it in the scrap heap... as many others do. I pulled 'em off my '89 and barely noticed but I wasn't taking corners in my Bronco like sports car either.
  • Dropped Pitman Arm or do the Tie-Rod End Flip mod. The TRE Flip is the best way to go... to lift the TRE for better clearance and less steering bind.
  • Rear end options range from spooky blocks, to special custom made lock-blocks, stiffer Add-a-Leafs, F250 springs (not super sure on the F250 springs because they'd stiffen the ride so much I never really read up), Shackle Flip brackets (a few different aftermarket options out there) or flip your OEM brackets (not easy but can be done cheap). I liked the idea of the shackle flip brackets to maintain the stock ride softness with the OEM leaf springs. Your needs may vary.
  • Don't forget, you'll need another set of longer shocks.
  • Bushings. No better time to freshen up old bushings... or you might just destroy the old ones anyway, as many do during the lift install process.
As a complete lift kit, everything here would net you 4" up front and 5" - 5.5" in the rear but the Bilstien rear shocks I have are probably short because I miscalculated and bought them for a 4" lift that ended up being a little more.

Research up guys. As I said... I have never installed a lift myself. I read a ton long ago and gathered these parts together over a few years. Then I ended up selling the '90 FSB I bought 'em for and picked up a '95 with a 6" lift in great shape, so my quest ended there. I haven't read up on anything in a good while with the lifts and I'd hate to give you bad information when we have so many members that are so much more knowledgeable and experienced than I am.

If you can arrange for pickup in my area, I'd be happy to help and willing to drive into Spokane, Sandpoint or even Coeur d' Alene to drop them off if it's all setup in advance.

Prices are listed with the parts. I can make a deal for the whole mess or haggle a little over private conversation, if you'd prefer but bear in mind, I paid to have some of these blasted and powder coated. Everything but the low-use coils are new, unused parts I either ordered myself (shocks, u-bolts and zero-rate blocks), or other members picked up and didn't or couldn't use. I can figure out shipping costs if we're serious about making a deal and I'm willing to work on prices to stay competitive with online orders from big box stores but this ain't Pepe's Black Friday sale. I'd consider barter or trades but it's really not worth the hassle if you're not local and to be honest, I prefer the cash for welding accessories and Bronco parts.

Hope that helps and clears some things up. I'll be here all year. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Those coils were bought new in 2006. They have about 40k miles on them. Most all highway.

Pepe, if you start parting things out and no one takes the coils, I'll buy em back

Discussion Starter #11
That's a very generous offer @BigBlue 94 and I appreciate it but you've already been so kind and generous to me, if it comes down to that... I'd send 'em back to you for the price of shipping, because I owe you and they were yours in the first place. For anyone else interested, as the only USED parts in the lot, with fresh powder coating, they are priced pretty low but shipping was considerable.

Addicted to Junk
Shipping was one spring per flat rate box at like 19 a box.

We can discuss price if it comes to that.

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
NEW: Zero Rate Add-a-Leaf Kit (pair), 3"w x 1"t (U8001): $55
I'm interested in this.

Are the holes on either side of the center pin used for moving the axle forward or rearward?

Discussion Starter #14
You got it. The two outer most holes you see in the pic both have the same indent as the one you see centered, on the other side. They are each set a little differently, to adjust to the length you may need, either 1" or 1.5". I can get pics if you'd like. Ask more questions here or private conversation me to work out payment and shipping details or to get my private email, if you prefer.

I checked the site and they've apparently reduced the price on these by $5, so I'll ship 'em on my dime, to offset the cost and give you a little better deal than you can get with them.

Don't forget, you'll need longer U-Bolts than OEM to fit the additional 1" thickness.

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
You got it. The two outer most holes you see in the pic both have the same indent as the one you see centered, on the other side. They are each set a little differently, to adjust to the length you may need, either 1" or 1.5". I can get pics if you'd like. Ask more questions here or private conversation me to work out payment and shipping details or to get my private email, if you prefer.

I checked the site and they've apparently reduced the price on these by $5, so I'll ship 'em on my dime, to offset the cost and give you a little better deal than you can get with them.

Don't forget, you'll need longer U-Bolts than OEM to fit the additional 1" thickness.
PM, err conversation, inbound.

Reactions: BigBlue 94

Discussion Starter #16
Hippy Holidays!

Discussion Starter #17
Zero Rate blocks back on the market... so that's the whole kit and kaboodle.

I'd lift you a Merry Christmas!

Discussion Starter #18
Anyone looking to lift... get ahold of me. I know a guy. ;)

Discussion Starter #19
Still available and could really use the money over parts sitting.

My storage area has gone to sh!t. I'll have to drop the price on the shocks. The boxes got wet and started to mold in storage, thanks to a damn leaky roof over my storage area. Pulled the shocks, inspected them, dried them, repackaged the set of 6 and boxed 'em up so I could get a shipping quote for a member. He decided to pass and now they're all boxed up together and ready to ship. A bit of surface rust started to form over the bolt threads on the shock shafts.

What happened to the soggy boxes...

Instructions (1 set survived and is included in the box.)

And damn surface rust on the threads...

Pic of the box numbers tapped to the shocks...

And all the install parts bags and decals...

Finally... the box I made to ship all 6 together.

Other than that... all good to go but no longer in the new boxes. As a result of the box loss, I had to note all box part numbers on the shocks and I have a list of what box part goes to what assembly kit. These numbers will make more sense when/if you get the shocks...
2x FRONT/FRONT: 24-185523 = KIT: B4-KT1-Z103A02
2x FRONT/REAR: 24-186513 = KIT: B4-KT1-Z103A00
2x REAR ONLY: 24-185530 = KIT: B4-KT1-Z235A00

Instead of asking $420 for the set of 6, I'm now willing to take $375 and ship on your dime.

Registered
Hey Pepe'
I am interested in the shocks, can you get a quote on shipping to 97045 Oregon City OR.
I looked length specs up and want to check to make sure shocks gonna work for me.
Get back to me when you can, I am thinkin nice upgrade. Not driving my truck right now but maybe we can make a deal. PayPal OK for you
Paul

1 - 20 of 39 Posts