Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

So I'm under my FSB, replacing the plastic bushing on one of my shocks (I don't know why it broke) and I look over and notice what appears to be a disconnected hose that leads into the front Dana 44 on the driver's side. It's not a brake line but goes right in. I've circled it in the picture--what is it and should it be connected to something? I'm thinking it might be for lubrication or maybe ventilation but it sure is odd. THANKS!

Attachments

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,568 Posts
If it goes into your front pumpkin, it's the vent hose, but it's been cut off, and there's no one-way valve in the end. If I have time in the next few days, I'll take a look at mine and see where the routing is.
BTW, what part of the Golden Spud State are you in?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it goes into your front pumpkin, it's the vent hose, but it's been cut off, and there's no one-way valve in the end. If I have time in the next few days, I'll take a look at mine and see where the routing is.
BTW, what part of the Golden Spud State are you in?
Thanks...perhaps I need to pick up such a valve just to be on the safe side of things.

I'm in the Wood River Valley, Andy.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
what you should do is replace it with a longer one that runs up into the engine compartment with a filter on top, and also extend the trans,transfer case and rear axle vent hoses why you are at it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
what you should do is replace it with a longer one that runs up into the engine compartment with a filter on top, and also extend the trans,transfer case and rear axle vent hoses why you are at it.
Does anyone know the sizes of the vent hoses, right offhand? I need to run all of mine up to the engine compartment as well, PO cut all of mine down to just a few inches. Hopefully they are all the same size.

The Reverend Floater, be sure to leave some slack for differential movement, when you run the new lines.

·
Banned
110 Posts
that'll be your vent hose buddy. its a bad thing if thats gone. lickley tour diff is full of water rust mud etc. =) have fun. and
handy andy . they dont come stock with a one way valve. atleast both of mine have not but its a very good idea to put one on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.