Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, im trying to get the peices to get my Bronc on the road, but I need to find out what that part is called. Ive heard it called the starter plate from the mechanic, but upon searching for that specific part, i come up empty handed. Is there another name for it, or does anyone have a part number? Basically the mechanic said its a plate that is sandwiched between the block and the tranny and acts like a shim of sorts to keep the flywheel from chewing up the starter.

truck info: 81 302cid 4sp manual

Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
psygn0sis said:
OK ALEX I'LL TAKE CAR PARTS FOR $1000
"NAME THIS PART."

*beep*
WHAT IS A BLOCK PLATE ?
CORRECT !

YYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY...

Heheh its called a "Block Plate" bro.
Outstanding!!!!!! Its amazing what you can find if you know what your looking for!!!! thanks!

So second part to the question, how imperitive is it, that i find the exact one that will fit my motor? I mean i see several advertised, and they say stuff like, fits 302 with a manual tranny and 164 teeth on the flywheel..... is that really necessary to make sure my flywheel has 164 teeth? From what my mechanic tells me, im totally missing this part, so its not like i can go out and compare the 2. im looking at this one right now: eBay Cicky

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
psygn0sis said:
It's pretty important you get the right one... (man vs. auto).. I'm pretty sure the tooth count wont matter... just get the stock tooth count (*flexplate or flywheel*) that way the starter will mesh perfectly.
Thanks, i got the flywheel already, im just lacking the plate that goes between the block and tranny.

Hopefully i get the right one, that one im looking at says its for a 302 manual tranny, part looks reasonably priced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts