Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago I started hearing a light tick, now over the las 3 or 4 weeks its gotten pretty loud and is concerning. The motor is fairly new, only 19,000 miles on it and I have a tick on the drivers side around cylinders 5 and 6, I cant quite tell if its a valve or exaust manifold leak. The tick is louder under load but you can still hear it at idle. I need to find out what it is fast, as I'm driving to B.C. on the 15th of may, its a 1000mile trip and I dont want to be stuck on the side of the road with my 4 month old daughter. I recorded a video clip, see what your guys oppinions are. The video is kinda big so save it, instead of clickin run

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
my speakers are shot, so i couldnt listen to it.
but you might want to check your lifters?
ace

·
Registered
621 Posts
new cam or anything? did the lifters get primed when the motor went together? i had to use a set of pushrods about .0025'' to get rid of my tick from the lifters with the new cam.

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,838 Posts
CHeck your exhaust collector bolts as well. And by the O2 sensor. I have a nice hole down there.. I am referring to where the two pipes meet into one, there is a weld spot that cracked on my.. Not good at all. That crap kills cat converters..

By the audio. Sounds like an exhaust manifold crack.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tightened up the manifold, it got quieter, so i started unpluggin plug wires, not much change, then started unpluging fuel injectors,
Unplug #5 clicking gets quieter
Unplug #6 Almost no clicking but a faint one from #5
So im thinkin its the injectors, because on the highway last night I was cruzin at about 65-70 and the truck started vibrating a little bit and it seemed like a cylinder wasn't firing, and the clicking would kinda die out, came to a stop, truck started to run fine, so ive come to the conclusion that its time for new injectors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts