Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone!

So, I moved my bronco today and this was laying in the street. Any thoughts on what this is? I would imagine it's part of the suspension somewhere? It's like a very hard rubber, but obviously had some type of bolt to it at some point in time lol

Any help would be appreciated!
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,940 Posts
That's a bumpstop. Should go over the front or rear axles and is essentially the last line of defense from your frame hitting your axle when you really compress the suspension.

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,940 Posts
This is not on a Bronco, it's on my truck, but you can see the bumpstop attached to the frame and sitting right above the axle. My truck's been lowered and had a large payload as well in the bed. Your bumpstop shouldn't really be that far from the axle when it's just sitting there parked. lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a bumpstop. Should go over the front or rear axles and is essentially the last line of defense from your frame hitting your axle when you really compress the suspension.
Thanks Doosen! Any chance on where these would be located on the full size bronco? It's an 88. Second question would be, since I had a lift installed on my truck would they have had installed after market bump stops or would the original ones be sufficient? 4 inch lift 35s.
Mike

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
They would be over either axle at the frame, so look at the frame near the wheels. You may have to get longer ones with a lift, depending on how big a lift and how much your suspension can compress. Sometimes you'll bottom out a shock long before you bottom out the frame once you put a lift on and that'll of course destroy a shock. I can't be of more specific help than that though. I'm still learning a lot myself!

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,547 Posts
Wanna see a goofy bumpstop extension? This, complete with the added cushion of the battery cable, came on my 73. Since it had an oil pan with the wrong sump location, I think the PO added the extension to keep the front axle out of the pan.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They would be over either axle at the frame, so look at the frame near the wheels. You may have to get longer ones with a lift, depending on how big a lift and how much your suspension can compress. Sometimes you'll bottom out a shock long before you bottom out the frame once you put a lift on and that'll of course destroy a shock. I can't be of more specific help than that though. I'm still learning a lot myself!
Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Doosen! Any chance on where these would be located on the full size bronco? It's an 88. Second question would be, since I had a lift installed on my truck would they have had installed after market bump stops or would the original ones be sufficient? 4 inch lift 35s.
Mike
Here is the location on my 88. Mine has a 6 inch lift so the spacing my look different but the location should be the same.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts