Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this under the truck while working on the front end. It had grease on the clean side, and lots of dirt on the dirty side. It's bigger than a quarter, smaller than a 50 cent piece. It's very slightly dished towards the clean side. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
put some powdered sugar on it and you can call it a cookie :)
what kind of spaceship did you say this came off of?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I thought freeze plug at first too, but there's not enough of a lip/flange on it, and the dirt is on the wrong side. It looks very familiar, I know I've seen that thing before, but I can't remember where :( It looks like a cover of some sort, if there's grease on it, then somewhere's there's a clean area w/ grease that it was covering.

·
penis
3,318 Posts
Cap for a ball joint is my guess or steering component cap???
Grease on one side and rust on the other larger than a quater smaller than a half dollar.
Pretty good riddle you should change your name to the RIDDLER lmao

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You pushed your R axleshaft inboard too hard while you were working on the spindle seals, and you knocked the slip joint plug out of the inboard yoke. It's the same one that people reinforce when they do the C-clip eliminator valve spring mod.
Thanks, Steve, that makes perfect sense. That's exactly what it has to be.

Can I just pop it back in?

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Note, to close out this thread: I cleaned that part up and had it welded back in place. Not gonna come out now. I used a cut down Automag (paintball gun) spring in the slip joint (`cause it was handy).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts