Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

where at?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since URE is closed, Tellico seems iffy for some how about a beach run since I don't think it's been discussed before? I think it would be cool to get together a run at the beach and wheel in a little warmer temps as compared to "up dere in dem muntuns". Opinions?

Of course out of staters are welcome also.....for a fee.:goodfinge Just kidding.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Project Lazarus said:
"up dere in dem muntuns"

#1 Thats ignant

#2 This sounds awesome! I havent gotten to wheel in the sand before. I think I have all terrains except that one down. Snow, mud, and rock

I might end up driving most of the standard Charlotte crew :toothless That is if you plan a good date that I will be able to make.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:histerica

I thought it'd be a nice change of scenery for the winter months. Who knows maybe if we're super nice to her, Fordgirl will come down from VA (VA Beach?) and show us the sweet spots as I know that she goes on beach runs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Let me know what date ya'll have in mind and I should be able to make it down and possibly bring a few trucks from up here down with me. Im having t-case problems in both the 79 and the 93 right now but worse case, AAA tows 100 miles :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure yet. Right now it's just to guage interest and see how many people would be up for it. Once a good number is set then we'll start talking dates. I'd like to get some tires on the truck before it happens but if not, expect to see the 150 still sporting the 32-inchers.....ya'll can't hang with that. :duh

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
How about sometime like around college spring break? I don't know when that is actually I would have to check my school calendar when I get back to school. Maybe thats too far off?

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,951 Posts
Sounds like an awesome plan. Are we talkin outer banks? Thats a nice drive. 'round 7 hours when i went. But worth it

The later the better....theres a slight possibility i could have my bronco running by around spring break. Maybe i'll just get a loan to finish it :brownbag

*Edit* Woud it be stupid to take a 2wd Jeep Comanche out on the beach? Im confident it would make the trip.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Hatteras? Ocracoke?

I'd drive down for some fun....... :thumbup

EDIT: Do keep in mind though that the NC beaches are NOT for wheeling. Park and State cops do enforce drinking speed limit laws on the beaches.

The Cape Hatteras seashore is undergoing serious attacks to shut down vehicle access so watch out for lil Plovers, sea turtle nests, and yankee speed bumps.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hatteras and Ocracoke would probably be a long ride for those coming from the middle of NC since there is no easy way to get down there. Oregon Inlet would be good if ya'll just want to cruise around on the beach, hang out and fish. Carova would be good if ya'll want to hit any trails and such.

A few places you might want to avoid (Kevin's 46's are buried

And of course the wild horses

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,951 Posts
Where is carova? Farther south? it looks like fun.

I agree the outer banks(hatteras and ocracoke) are a long drive from Charlotte. I did it early this year. I know johnski has been a few times. I wouldn't mind the drive, but not just for a day of wheelin that would have to be like a weekend thing or something.

Also another thing to think about would be Brown mountian. I've never been. I think the trails are easier than uwharrie thou. Might not be bad for a meet and greet, been a little while since we had one of those.

Just tossin out ideas.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,443 Posts
johnski said:
I like wheeling on the beach. I get to rescue people...

Look at all those white boys, looks like a skinhead convention :histerica :box0715:

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Oldyeller said:
Look at all those white boys, looks like a skinhead convention :histerica :box0715:
And I'm the only one that's bald by choice. We just do it for the aerodynamics...less drag with the top off.
magnumpi said:
I agree the outer banks(hatteras and ocracoke) are a long drive from Charlotte. I did it early this year. I know johnski has been a few times. I wouldn't mind the drive, but not just for a day of wheelin that would have to be like a weekend thing or something.

Also another thing to think about would be Brown mountian. I've never been. I think the trails are easier than uwharrie thou. Might not be bad for a meet and greet, been a little while since we had one of those.

Just tossin out ideas.
It is a long drive just to wheel on flat sand. I've never been to Brown Mtn, I'd be up for that. Good idea.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,951 Posts
Until today i was unaware there were actual 4wd trails at Nags Head....i thought everything on the outer banks was just public beach access roads. I would love to go to some trails out there, but like i siad i couldn't justify a day trip, maybe a weekend. But then i would have to save hotel money, etc. Unless we camped out. Its a great idea, but it probably be best to plan it father ahead, maybe even into the summer since its such a ways off and would probably need a little extra planning.

I still like my brown mountian idea thou :toothless I could probably talk my dad into lettin me drive his 720 nissan if my bronco isn't fixed.

But whatever we end up doing, I'll probably go

1 - 20 of 102 Posts