Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anybody in NC know if beadlocks are street legal down there? and i know there are very little lift laws, but do u guys have laws about tires hangover past fenders? any info is appreciated... :toothless

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
don't even try it been there done that Va are still going to give ya tickets for it why because Virginia sucks

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
As far as I know there is only one company that makes DOT approved beadlocks. They were show cased in Peterson's (I think it was) and are expensive as hell!! I don't know about Va. but around here, noone would know the difference. I'm gonna run 'em on my rig...:shrug As far as lift law type stuff, we aint got shit...I'm sure if you some wild shit that was too wide for one lane you'd get stopped. But there are a couple of rigs on 48's, no bumper mods (at least to deal with hieght) or mudflaps etc. like alot of places make you do...:thumbup

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Broncomx said:
don't even try it been there done that Va are still going to give ya tickets for it why because Virginia sucks
dude really? well $hit! :banghead i hate virginia's lame @$$ laws! :mad:

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
now don't get me wrong you can try it BUT alot of the va cops know some of the nc laws like the reflectors I think it is they have to have under there truck if is lifted or something like that I am not 100% sure on that one. But yeah Va sucks so get use to it and when you are done with school get the hell outta here and don't look back. See the big problem also around here is that some of the cops are state inspector cops so they know way to much that is why you really can't get away with alot anyway when it comes to your vechicle's

Broncomx-->:twak <--Va and there stupid ass laws

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
There are *no* lift laws to speak of in NC.

But you will get in a whole bunch of trouble if you're living in VA and keeping a vehicle titled in NC. I went through that in Alexandria. PITA...

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
:stupid

as for the lift laws here thers nothing really we have some 10" + lifted trucks and as long as their tires fit in one lane its all good, granted the only thing that holds you back when your lifted here in NC is some fast food places, i think, with their little steel bars of low clearance crap and cant park in the parking complexes of some places like the airport.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

There used to be a 85-87 K5 around where I live that was running at least 6" with Mickey Thompson 35x17.5s. Stuck way the hellon out past the fenders....no cops cared. I'm pretty sure you'd get away with beadlocks as I doubt most of the police force don't even know what they are, and the ones that do just don't care.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Bronco_89XLT said:
And, if you can afford beadlock you can afford to have two sets of wheels/tires.
I can afford two steak dinners when I go out to eat, but why when one is enough. and if you can only afford one set of wheels, wouldn't it make sence to get the ones that you could use offroad and on street...that is if the law would allow it. :shrug
I said that just for the sake of argument, cause like I said we don't have a problem down here, and you can bet, I'm getting the ones I can do both in...beadlocks! (and yes, if I wanted, I could buy 3 sets of rims but all I need is one set:toothless)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Broncomx said:
now don't get me wrong you can try it BUT alot of the va cops know some of the nc laws like the reflectors I think it is they have to have under there truck if is lifted or something like that I am not 100% sure on that one. But yeah Va sucks so get use to it and when you are done with school get the hell outta here and don't look back. See the big problem also around here is that some of the cops are state inspector cops so they know way to much that is why you really can't get away with alot anyway when it comes to your vechicle's

Broncomx-->:twak <--Va and there stupid ass laws
i know what you mean about the state inspector cops. i got got pulled about 2 years ago on sandbridge road. the cop gave me 3 tickets; bumpers height too high, emergency brakes not working and my exhaust tip was broken. fixed everything but the bumper height problem and was convicted of that offense and the other two were dropped.

·
Registered
63 Posts
walker evans makes the street leagal beadloocks. i live near richmond va and have a buddy who used to get pulled once a week because of his trucks height until all teh cops got to know him. i think( may be off by 1 inch) anythign under 5000 Gross weight bumber height for the front can be 27, rear 28, 5001-7500 gross weight 28 front, 29 rear. buddys bronco was 28 15/16 in the rear. but if any of yall have seen an asplundh puddle jumper trucks with the 48-31x22's they all have drop bumpers which makes the bumbers 30 inches off the ground for the 7500 and up class

·
Registered
242 Posts
Im from WNC and i have seen tires stickin out way too far and trucks lifted 16 inches but im not to sure about beadlocks being harrased too often just carry a copy of an offroad catalog n tell them you got streetlocks??? dunno might work? :shrug

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lift laws in Nc....please....if there is they're not inforced....tires size...none....emission testing require for 96 and above......

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
There are a couple, but so long as you have a seat for a passenger, and the vehicle is used occasionally offroad, you're exempt.

Seriously.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

6" is max unless your truck is dual purpose (ie actually sees dirt/off-road). If not, then you have to have a letter from the commissioner of DMV to go higher supposedly. Other than that, it's fair game. Fortunately, I don't believe they're enforced, so.....sky's the limit. I have yet to see a lifted truck in NC get pulled for being too high.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mrit : I would send an e-mail to the state police and ask them. They will definately know

1 - 20 of 20 Posts