Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an uncrowded beach with a reasonably nice, friendly hotel (small is fine) on a beach in SC or NC that is dog friendly...preferably no leash.

If I could take the dog and girlfriend to the bahamas I would, but I can't afford that yet, so I'm trying to find that same laid back beach vibe in NC/SC where we can let the dog run around and freak out when she sees waves.

·
Registered
37 Posts
beach trip

u could go to carolina beach and camp out on the beach. The place is called freeman park its 20 dollars a day or u can buy a yr pass for 100 dollars and go as much as u want. its fun we go about 10 times a yr and take my bko take the top off and drive up and down the beach or u can fish surf of or just chill and watch ur pooch run around. if u need more info hit me back up on here and i will give it to u. there is also mom and pop hotel right there to but i like to camp.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Edisto, SC

(In between Charleston and Myrtle Beach) Beautiful state park there as well.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Are you planning on driving a 4x4 for beach access? If so, I'd say Ocracoke Island. Been there over 10 times and will keep going. The dog loves it, too. You can drive out on to an isolated section of beach and have hundereds of yards to yourself and let the mutt tear around all over the place.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you planning on driving a 4x4 for beach access? If so, I'd say Ocracoke Island. Been there over 10 times and will keep going. The dog loves it, too. You can drive out on to an isolated section of beach and have hundereds of yards to yourself and let the mutt tear around all over the place.

No, Bronco is not ready for a road trip yet. One day soon I hope. That is pretty much what we're looking for though.

Was planning on flying a small plane, but the damn manager wont let me take a dog in it...apparently people are allergic to dogs or something.

Looks like we're driving a car, and I'd rather keep it to about 4 hours from Charlotte.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
No, Bronco is not ready for a road trip yet. One day soon I hope. That is pretty much what we're looking for though.

Was planning on flying a small plane, but the damn manager wont let me take a dog in it...apparently people are allergic to dogs or something.

Looks like we're driving a car, and I'd rather keep it to about 4 hours from Charlotte.
Too bad about the no dog on a plane thing, since Ocracoke has a little airstrip that is pretty active. As for the 4 hour thing, I'd look into Ft. Fisher/Kure Beach outside of Wilmington. Heard great things about that place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts