Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

NE texas?

2K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  ROBramlett 
#1 ·
Anyone here from the longview, tyler, kilgore area?

#8 ·
Gilmer? It's really dusty, easy to get lost (unless you print the color map - trust me, print the map before you come), the trails are generally pretty tight, and their rating system is pretty unreliable. I like the place, overall I'd give it a 3/5. It's not as nice as Hot Springs, but it's not too shabby either :toothless

#20 ·
I live in West, between Waco and Hillsboro, sadly I won't be going to gilmer this year :cry

You guys better take tons of pics, vids, etc. I still have em on my supermotors page from (I think) two years ago? I don't know, all I know is Ed got all four wheels off the ground in his jeep :toothless

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/9982/32864

#21 ·
Yeah, those were good times! That was the '06 Mega Run two years ago.

Mega Run was another blast this year! My rusty 61-year old flattie didn't make it this time around. It's in the shop being fixed to run another day. I also didn't take the Bronco because it's been having starting issues. So I took my mostly stock Tacoma, my only means of reliable transportation.

Anyway, I saw a couple of cool early Broncos this year, but don't remember seeing any fullsize Broncos. Then again, I volunteered to work this year and didn't get around to compete, so I'm sure I missed the few that were out there. I did get to lead a morning "beginner's" group on some mild, 2-diamond trails. One guy in my group had a really nice, almost brand-new F250 locked front and rear that did well.

One of the highlights was the local news crew that stopped by Saturday morning and did a news story on it. There's even a video of it at KLTV.com. And yeah, that's me in the silver stockish Tacoma and yellow "staff" t-shirt going up the easy, back side of Twister! The weather was perfect for both wheeling and camping, too, and the coyotes were yelping and the night sky had some bright stars with a shooting star or two streaking by. Guess that's what a good wheeling trip is all about!

Hope to get to see ya and more of y'all at next year's Mega Run!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.