Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, this has been happening alot now. My truck starts up just fine and seems to run good but, when I let it sit and idle after a few min it sounds like it is about to die. Well it does almost die. This last for a min or two then everything is back to normal. Then a few min later it starts again. This always starts when at idle. Any ideas? TIA
Rob

·
Registered
531 Posts
Think you just need to let her warm up....

Are you appart of www.4lo.com?

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is after it has been running not cold start. No matter how long I have ran her it still happens. Sounds like it is running out of gas when its not. BTW no Im not part of 4lo but maybe I'll check them out.

·
Registered
531 Posts
interesting, dont know then... i have the same problem at a cold start

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ANYONE?

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone must have an idea...................(chirp....chirp.......)

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Try pulling codes yet? Have you douched (the IAC valve) lately?

·
Registered
445 Posts
i would have to agree with pullin codes...that sounds like a spark problem somewhere in the system...either computer or down to the plugs. when is the last time u did a FULL TUNE-UP....i mean fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, how many miles on the engine, i ask this cuz of the life of the stock distributor

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
check the egr hose, they crack real easy in the middle where they can flex. that was the problem on my 95 along with the holes on the intake where it connects being clogged

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Havent done a tune up, only had it about 2 weeks. She has 140,000 on the clocks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same Problem

I have the same problem. I have replaced wires, plugs, cap and "douched" out the OIC with no luck to fixing the problem. I also have replace some of the vacumm hoses that looked crusty. After I cleaned out the OIC it ran better for like a week and started doing it again. It just might need another good clean out with some rubbing alchohol. I am still having the problem though so I don't think I have narrowed it completely down. Let me know if you find something that works good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
wow im suprised nobody has suggested to check out your idle time and mess with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I always start with an oil change if its been awhile.

IAC is the first suspect, then check for vacuum leaks and check the TPS voltage.

My bad idle comes and goes, i guess Ford wanted the broncos to drive and not sit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts