Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead

ok i am putting the new bronco together, and i know that using aftermarket doors,fenders,tailgate,hood,and quaterpanels can lead to miss alingments and inproper fits. but the only misfit i am getting is on my doors. i have a good gap between the quaters and door and between the rockerpanel and door, and even between the door and fenders. but the one that is killing me is between the a-pillar and door. i have about a 3/4 -1" gap. almost make me feel that all my work on the body and paint worthless. everyone that has seen the paint job loves the truck. and i am getting ansee about putting it together and setting it on the frame, but i have to wait till i can afford a week off.

so if any knows of where i can find a book on body panel fit let me know ok? :popc1:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
because the a-pillar gap is so critical i start by aligning the doors with the a-pillar and roof line, and then hang body panels around it.

You should start from something you *know* is in the right place and work from there.

Another issue you may have, is the door just bent and that's why you can't get a good panel fit?

Justin

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
are they factory doors or a/m? If a/m you may have no choice in the way they fit....could just be the way they are made....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts