Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1996 bronco, 351w, E4od
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
If anyone has a pretty clean rust free bronco id love to have a picture of were the tail light metal meets the rear sill. Like towards the bottom of the tailgate. Picture for reference. (This is part of the rear sill replacement i am working on. Spoiler alert its bolted in and im marking it for welding right now just need some better reference pics in this area.)
E97A17B7-D880-4C51-8D63-876244DD8B08.png

·
Registered
1996 bronco, 351w, E4od
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All i need to know is if the rear sill is welded to the taillight. Someone on here has a picture of it.

·
Super Moderator
27,709 Posts
Reactions: SRWillis

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
781 Posts
Or all rebuilt like in page 3 & 4 of my build thread (link below the pics), there is a very comprehensive pic gallery of my rebuild of this whole area, frame, rear crossmember, floor, wheel wells, structural uprights, hinge mounts, quarters, rockers... which was all totally wasted on my Bronco, but is now strong as can be. You can see where the uprights welds to the rear crossmember in the 3rd pic. I just drilled a bunch of holes to.weld the 2 pieces together, its not critical where, i went with everywhere,, they get cleaned up anyway and painted over, so i just went for lots of them all up and down where the 2 parts came together so its strong as heck. Just be sure to put the tailgate on to set the tailgate to body gaps before welding this all together.

This is why you should buy rust free broncos from the desert!! Lol Fun stuff tho!!

·
Registered
1996 bronco, 351w, E4od
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or all rebuilt like in page 3 & 4 of my build thread (link below the pics), there is a very comprehensive pic gallery of my rebuild of this whole area, frame, rear crossmember, floor, wheel wells, structural uprights, hinge mounts, quarters, rockers... which was all totally wasted on my Bronco, but is now strong as can be. You can see where the uprights welds to the rear crossmember in the 3rd pic. I just drilled a bunch of holes to.weld the 2 pieces together, its not critical where, i went with everywhere,, they get cleaned up anyway and painted over, so i just went for lots of them all up and down where the 2 parts came together so its strong as heck. Just be sure to put the tailgate on to set the tailgate to body gaps before welding this all together.

This is why you should buy rust free broncos from the desert!! Lol Fun stuff tho!!

View attachment 179155

View attachment 179156

View attachment 179157
Thank you. I was wondering what i was going to do for that because mine where like yours. Ill probably weld along that edge and get it so its strong. I didnt recrete that inner piece on the ends like you did. Im just going to weld it to the top of the piece. I dont care about my back fenders.😂

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
781 Posts
No problem, I took all the pics & tried to explain my reasoning in my build thread so people could easily reference it when they tried to do thiers! Glad the pics helped out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts