·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the weights of:

a. A Dana 44, loaded.

b. An IROK 36x1350R15

c. Duff Arms.

does anyone have these laying around? im switching to a coilover setup to quell the instability factor of the deaver coils in higher speeds, and im trying to calculate the unsprung weight of my front end... much thanks if ya got it...

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Fully assembled, a Duff arm weighs about 45 lbs according to my bathroom scale.

What kind of shocks were you running 84? I'm interested in buying them.

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if you were talking about buying this exact set, they are spoken for. but i was running a 14" travel bilstein 7100 series with remote reservoir. 70/255 valving works great for a single shock application up front, and im sure theyd work great in the rear. im running procomp mx6s in the rear cranked up to stiff as hell. moves around pretty nicely.

thanks for the info guys. i needed it badly.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
No problem, happy to help.

Yeah, I was talking about buying your shocks. For some reason I knew you had a nice set. If for some weird reason the deal you have worked falls though, lemme know :beer

So the Deavers were just too unstable at high speed, eh? You have a 3" body lift on top of your 6" Deaver coils though, right? I was hoping that some really stiff, quality shocks would rein the Deavers in enough for me to use them on my Bronco (which get driven everywhere - no trailer) without it being a PITA...

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you bottom hard with them, they will take the path of least resistance, and with the coil being so tall, the arc of the radius pushes the spring outward in the middle, making the upper retainer damn near useless without further retaining methods. instead of booty fabbing to make these coils work, im going with a 16" travel dual rate coilover. at 5 times the cost of the deavers though, its easy to see why people would go with deavers.

they are a great spring if you line them up perfectly as shadofax has done. ask him about all his alignment work, as you will need to do that to get a quality ride out of them.

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry guys. anything coming off is reserved for another SAS on an F-150. my roommate is going to do an initial SAS to his, plus a shackle flip on a 10.25 and D44 w/8 lug outers. '87 F-150, 302 with a ZF. i already had all the parts, so instead of ordering new, he's using my stuff.

on top of that, i bought these springs in '04. that automatically makes them the 200lb'ers. slinky sumbitches.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
:rofl:

Bunch of damn vultures here :D

How soon do you need the D44 weight 84? I can weigh my D44 with thick DOM steering, Chevy TREs, a diff guard, trac-lok, and Ford 8-lug outers for you in a couple of weeks (when I get back to the shop) if you can wait that long.

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thatll be perfect. before our spring break run out here will work fine. i'm purchasing the shock portion of the coilovers for mock up this friday, but after that i've pretty much got till the last weekend of march. much appreciation!

the bling factor will be in effect once these bad boys go on...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts