Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I recently got one from Jess at High Angle Driveline http://www.highangledriveline.com/. He pretty much had the best price and a good reputation. You are going to have to take some measurement on the yoke to see what size u-joints you need. Jess can walk you through it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Best price I found was at Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, but that was for a stock replacement one. I had one built locally (Billings Montana) with a bigger rear u-joint for less than the best price I found on the internet. I wouldn't discount locals. I had it done at a place that does welding and driveline repair and rebuilding for heavy trucks and so on. They had it done in 3 days.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a stock 78 bronco drive shaft i am about to trash, putting a 6" lift in, need a longer one, i am in north carolina. But its also for sale on another website.

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
Different yokes on a 78 and smaller ujoint's

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, forgot to mention that this is for the FRONT driveshaft. I've got a local guy that's done some good work for me in the past, I might just hit him up for one.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
measure accross the yoke on the inside of the little things that hold the u joint centered. that will give you the u joint size weather it is 1310 or 1330

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I'll hit that up tomorrow after work. Sweet, get to play with the dial caliper! Why use a tape measure when I can use fancy stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pffffft, $190 + $55 core at Autozone/O'Reilly's. Local guy said it should run around $150...I'll go that route later this week.

Thanks guys. I'll measure my U-Joints tonight.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3.215"...which u-joints are those?

Looks like it's the small one.

The 1310 series u-joint measures approximately 3 1/4 inches wide. The 1330 and 1350 both measure approximately 3 5/8 wide.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here are my measurements off my 78. They are 1310 joins on each side. I don't have a fancy dial caliper so you will have to take your best guess if you want it down to the thousanths

Edit: Now that I think about it, this is not the measurement you need. It is supposed to be the measurement from those little tabs going the opposate direction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts