Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a heating system for my bronco. no the stock system is not going to cut it.

basically I need a fan more so then anything else. I have found a couple but I would like to see them in my hands before I actually bought them. Does anyone have any ideas where to see more of these suckers?

linky 1

linky 2

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that does not help with defrosters.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
You can't just use a higher CFM blower motor from some other vehicle??

That first link has a 24VDC blower motor, but it's a dual fan... might be a bit too big. If you're interested, I have a 115VAC version of the dual fan I'll let you have, for $20 + shipping (fedex ground will keep it pretty cheap)

Kind of a big sucker tho -

That one's not mine, that's the 24VDC that's here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26218&item=2564005728 Mine just looks real similar to that

Think about it - dual blowers... covers more area :deal

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this one is all self contained. All I would need to do is hook up a couple lines, wires, and make a little bit of duct work out of it.

just wondering how 20k btu's would heat up a bronco. :D

Clicky #3

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
NOW you're talkin! You can do it cheaper than that tho. Find a used Caterpillar heater, it should already have the fan on it. They usually sell from 40-75 bucks, depending on where you buy it, the heater size, condition, etc. If not, then a junkyard blower fan will keep everything cheap. As you know, all that is, is a heater core, in a box, with a fan

BTW, 20K BTU's is ALOT! :thumbup

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this one is nice since it has a small size yet packs a punch :D

I just need to measure it out under the dash and make sure it will fits fine. if it does I am gonna order it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts