Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i rang my local parts dealer today regarding two new rear shock absorbers, when he happened to ask if i was interested in a universal superchip for the bronco. he was going to put it into a 94 mustang, but got a faster car in p/x,... so i just need to know if this chip will turn my truck into a demon,:rockon.... or big ol' horses arse!:cry what do they do to the engine and how? are they worth the outlay? i searched but found not a lot, as always guys i value your opinions. cheers!:rockon:beer:drinkbud:thumbup

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. If it's for a 94 Mustang it probably wont work.

2. You can get the exact same performance boost by bumping your timing.[/QUO
its a universal chip apparently, and i'm too scared to fiddle the timing myself,....... i'm very accomplished at ballsing up the un-balls-upable!:toothless:histerica:beer:drinkbud

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
its a universal chip apparently.
I guess thats a posability as long as the pinouts it changes match between the EEC's. But I still find it doubiouse.

Somthing else to consider is that the instructions for one of those piggy back chips says you must run premium (92 Octane) fuel.

Bumping the timing is real easy.

How much does this guy want for the chip.

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess thats a posability as long as the pinouts it changes match between the EEC's. But I still find it doubiouse.

Somthing else to consider is that the instructions for one of those piggy back chips says you must run premium (92 Octane) fuel.

Bumping the timing is real easy.

How much does this guy want for the chip.
its alright on the octane as i can get hold of shell v-power,.. thats a high octane gas,.. and he wants what he paid for it which was £70 incl shipping he also says it wires into the loom with 4 cables? dunno on that one!

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Call him back and get a part #
he's closed now, its 5.30 pm here at the mo
i'm seeing him in the morning and he is bringing the chip in to show me,....... says it should lump 28+ bhp on the motor,..... instant power he said,... i know the guy well and i trust him, so i am inclined to believe this,...... but then again bs creeps in where ever money is involved in most cases:beer:drinkbud:thumbup

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
....... says it should lump 28+ bhp on the motor,..... instant power he said
If it is an old pigyback superchip or Hypertech unit, He is either incorect or lying.

·
Registered
404 Posts
says it should lump 28+ bhp on the motor,.....
I'm callin BS on that one.... My Lightning had a "superchips" chip in it when I bought, and about the only thing I can see it doing is over riding the speed limiter..... total waste of money imo.....

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys:drinkbud:rockon i'll ask him what make of chip it is, and if its any of the ones listed, i'll give him the big feck off pill!:toothless,..... any other bogus "superchip" names i should be looking for?:popc1::popc1::popc1::drinkbud:beer:rockon

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I agree, the only benefit you might get is eliminating the speed limiter s oyou can go over 95 mph (150kmh?) Gacnar is correct, in that the SuperChips and other "chips" for your pre-97 Bronco really only change the timing to increase HP. It may give you a slight boost, but you can do that without the chip. Tell him to go stick it in a 'Stang where it belongs.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
our trucks dont even have a speed limiter ask me how I know :toothless

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just installed a Superchip in my 95 302 , I do feel a bit of difference in the power, TQ and shift points. Seems to work in my truck. Not slam you back in you seat kinda deal, but effective.

;)

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I know atleast upto 89 does not have them, not sure about the newer ones.

My and a buddy had a little fun on an open stretch of hghway...

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I know atleast upto 89 does not have them, not sure about the newer ones.

My and a buddy had a little fun on an open stretch of hghway...
OmG did u guyz du sum speedin or wer u racin a ricer lol thos thingz r so slow n thy sound like poots pooot ppppppooooooooottt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts