Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and have been running down a problem with the Bronco.:whiteflag

I live in the Oceanside are

I have a 86 FSB, Eddie Bower 5.0, EFI, AOD.

I came home friday and parked it in the driveway, When I went to restart it,

Nothing,,

I have replaced the starter relay, the ignition switch, checked the inertia switch, and replaced a suspect fuseable link by the starter relay.

I have power going to the starter relay, and can jump the vehicle by bridging the Pos Btry cable to the starter cable and also by jumping the (S) post to the pos btry post.

I have checked the adjustment of the new ignition switch, and have power from the blue w/red wire on the ignition switch when the key is in the start position.

I have traced the wires from the ignition switch to the wire harness on the firewall, by the master cylinder,,,

I have suspected that maybe the NSS went bad, but I can not get any power from the firewall to the NSS,

I am wondering if there is something in the wiring harness under the dash or along the fire wall befiore the first set of connectors before the wires disappear under the vehicle that I need to look at?

I am asking if there is someone in the O'Cide, Escondido, San Clemente, Fallbrook are that would mind giving me a hand,

I am new to the Bronco and trying to get it going again.

I Would greatly Appreciate it,
I am also looking for someone that could show me a thing or two about wheelin,

Chem

·
Registered
532 Posts
Shit dude.. I dont have a clue what could be wrong with your truck but I am in Escondido and am allways looking for local buddies to go wheelin with. I am in the SD4Wheelers and they are a good group of guys but they all drive Jeeps. Send me a PM and we can chat. I just got back from Superstition for the day. I swear this is the best truck I have ever had. Stock it has gone places that have amazed me. I am getting ready to put the lift,tires, gears and lockers in it. Just bought a new welder and got a huge air compressor so I am also going to start making my sliders

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 89 bronco did that and i never found the problem i ended up taking the key ass. out and putting in a master power switch(ie on and off) and a push button to start.Good luck:banghead

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am in Escondido. Locally there isn't much real wheeling. I go to Corral Canyon, Superstition mountain, Big Bear and a hand full of other places off the 8 east. There is a kiler trail/off road book you can get at ORW or maybe 4 wheel parts. I dont know how god of a trail leader I am (never tried) but if we get two or three FSB's together I would be up for a day trip or a night trip to Superstition.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello all,

Thanks for the responses,,,

Finally got it worked out,,,it seems the PO had a stereo installed, the shop cut the ignition to NSS wire and spliced it back together way up under the dash... it came loose... fixed now.

I am definately looking forward to doing a little exploring, and would be up for a day trip anytime,,,,

Please let me know if you are interested in setting something up...

Chem

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lifted, XLT

I have a guy in ElCajon that does some Fab work for me,, very talented and affordable....

I work at Miramar, so am down close to you every day...and depending on what time I cut out, I take the 15 to the 78,,,,,

Chem

·
Registered
75 Posts
Who and where in el cajon thats where i live and am looking for someone to bend me some tubes.I do my own welding and stuff im just to lazy to go to my buddies and bend the tubes.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to have him make me one of his incredible cages...

as well as a sway away spare tire carrier, modified to fit a bronco,,

except the one I want will be a dual tire set up with both tires side by side, front to rear,,,very pre-runner..

I will contact him tomorrow and send you his number...very reasonable rates, lot's of great talent...

He actually had a competition bug for sale when I bought my bronco, almost bought it, but went with the bronco...

He is also doing a hidden reinforced bumper for my 03 Tahoe....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts