Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking i want to swap out my smoked turn signals for clear lenses. I was thinking of installing switchback leds in the turn signal so they are white while the running lights are on and then go amber when the turn signal is on. What do you guys think? I like the smoke look but ive had them smoked for over 10 years and i feel its maybe time for a change? i was looking at putting the clear diffused lenses back on it instead of the clear see through lenses. Would it look right with the taillights smoked and clear lights up front? I have leds in the front so they are visible but they would be a lot brighter if the lenses were clear.

BB74AE14-16C3-4AA3-B862-13FD716F157C.jpeg

·
Registered
177 Posts
Get the headlights from cpaddict. Black tinted backing but the lense is clear. That's what I'm going with. I also have a full white 96. They cater mostly to the diesel crowd but they have a lot of good stuff that works for broncos.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,516 Posts
Normally I'd say switch front and rear but with your specific setup, front clear should be fine. Have you checked your local legal requirements?
I like the clears up front with orange bulbs on my black '95 but might not so much on another color scheme.

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
125 Posts

I also got these from Cpaddict. Absolutely love them. It was just a slight touch of modern that I was looking for. Be warned though i really like CP but they aren't the fastest company in the world

·
Registered
177 Posts
View attachment 164995

I also got these from Cpaddict. Absolutely love them. It was just a slight touch of modern that I was looking for. Be warned though i really like CP but they aren't the fastest company in the world
Oh sweet man. Did you do the full LED options? They have some quality parts. I ordered black powder coated interior door handles and vent window latch things that turn. Super high quality stuff.

How do you like the lights? They look like they fit like OEM and appear to be super high quality. You're the first person I've run into besides me buying from there so I'm just looking for some honest feedback besides what I've experienced.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh sweet man. Did you do the full LED options? They have some quality parts. I ordered black powder coated interior door handles and vent window latch things that turn. Super high quality stuff.

How do you like the lights? They look like they fit like OEM and appear to be super high quality. You're the first person I've run into besides me buying from there so I'm just looking for some honest feedback besides what I've experienced.
I kept the standard bulbs that will be a separate upgrade for me. Overall they fit really well and look great. I highly reccomend them overall

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
View attachment 164995

how does it look from the front? Do the lenses disperse the light from the bulb pretty well or does it just mainly show the bulb. Thats why i was thinking of going with the diffused lights

·
Registered
125 Posts
They work pretty well and the turn signals look awesome but you wouldn't see the neat design with the diffused clear. Ill be honest I would've went with the diffused had I seen them. But I already put in my order for clear. I'm glad it turned out that way though because they look great.

I plan on getting shit faced this evening but if I can remember to ill turn them on and show you from a drivers perspective

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They work pretty well and the turn signals look awesome but you wouldn't see the neat design with the diffused clear. Ill be honest I would've went with the diffused had I seen them. But I already put in my order for clear. I'm glad it turned out that way though because they look great.

I plan on getting shit faced this evening but if I can remember to ill turn them on and show you from a drivers perspective
im just thinking that the leds will look better with the diffused lenses. I want the whole light housing to be lit up uniformly and not a hot spot where the bulb is.We will see, im going back and forth between the two

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,984 Posts
Im gonna suggest a different route. I feel the a set of NOS stock ones would pop on your bronco, and set it off. To me everyone is swapping them now, so its different to have nice stock amber ones, and therefore looks good to me... They are not too expensive either, 1aauto has them.

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Personally I like the stock lights on white trucks. Ive seen darker lenses work well on other trucks but IMHO it just doesn't look right on a white truck. IMHO with white you need to break it up to look good, that's why I blacked out most of my chrome and kept the red tails and amber turns. For LED I personally don't usually put them in anything but reverse and sometimes interior lights. They tend to find stray current and do weird things , and my only interest in them is increasing light output.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am thinking i want to swap out my smoked turn signals for clear lenses. I was thinking of installing switchback leds in the turn signal so they are white while the running lights are on and then go amber when the turn signal is on. What do you guys think? I like the smoke look but ive had them smoked for over 10 years and i feel its maybe time for a change? i was looking at putting the clear diffused lenses back on it instead of the clear see through lenses. Would it look right with the taillights smoked and clear lights up front? I have leds in the front so they are visible but they would be a lot brighter if the lenses were clear.

View attachment 164984
Not intended to hijack but tell me your lift/tire/wheel set up along w step manufacturer. Did you regear? Perfect stance man.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,614 Posts
im a big fan of the smoke/clear housings

I did switchbacks on mine, i like the look

They do actually throw a little bit of extra light down and out, which is nice considering i drive open freeways every night to work.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not intended to hijack but tell me your lift/tire/wheel set up along w step manufacturer. Did you regear? Perfect stance man.
no problem at all. 17x9 4.5” bs mickey thompson classic III with 285/70R17 nitto ridge grapplers. 2” Billet coil spring spacer in the front, 1/2” block in the back. Nfab steps. Still factory 3:55 Ls gears. No plans to go taller than a 33” tire

·
Registered
20 Posts
no problem at all. 17x9 4.5” bs mickey thompson classic III with 285/70R17 nitto ridge grapplers. 2” Billet coil spring spacer in the front, 1/2” block in the back. Nfab steps. Still factory 3:55 Ls gears. No plans to go taller than a 33” tire
Thanks. Would a 17” wheel w 0 offset and 4.5 BS (Blackrock Yuma) fit your setup as well w minimal rubbing/trimming? Wondering if the offset is needed to clear?

·
Registered
125 Posts

They have this really neat telescopic effect that doesn't get justice in the pics.

I would never argue against a complete standard replacement back to stock. I love stock. But my lights were fucked so it was time to spice it up for me.

Coolest part is you can pick your flavor now and adjust it later :)

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 34 Posts