Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a picture of the parking brake assembly on a 91 bronco. Or like yaers..

mine looks funny cant take a picture now but im not sure how the bracket should be setup. Its the part where the one cable meets the 2 on th framerail...

there is like a hook there an ...i dunno w/e...it rattles like crazy and sits crooked

DC thanx for pics

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Good thing there was still a bit of light outside for this shot. This is on my '96. Hope this is what you need.

·
Administrator
22,855 Posts
Blue'87GT said:
Good thing there was still a bit of light outside for this shot. This is on my '96. Hope this is what you need.
same as on my 85 but i have a spring from the plate mounted to the frame to the bracket that the three cables all attach to.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Blue'87GT said:
Damn red bout time to sand the frame down and paint it or something. lol

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
My 90.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
Damn red bout time to sand the frame down and paint it or something. lol
Yep, it's mine, and I got a part of the frame done this fall, need to do the rest when the snow/salt is over with. This all started after last spring's snow storms. Gotta love the salted roads! FWIW, check out the rest of the body in that pic--it's super clean! This is originally a Denver area truck up until last year, and the frame was beautiful black then.:banghead

·
Banned
34,145 Posts
redwagon's pic is a '92-up equalizer, with the tension limiter built into the pedal assembly.
****EDIT***
With all the SFO/SMO/SMN problems, the photos have become confused, and that statement is now VERY misleading. At the time I'm editing this, there is NO photo in this thread of a '92-96 equalizer. The last one redwagon posted is a '78-91 type.

90Beater's is '78-91 style tension limiter/equalizer.

If it's loose & crooked, your autoadjusters are probably locked, & the e-brake lever, too. And the cables could be stretched. Cables are ~$20ea; hardware kit is like $60 for both sides.

. .

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just did the drums and the cables were tight inside? they are like flacid...lol can i say that... but yea the whole bracket shakes and rattles...i will; try tightening it..

btw ebrake works fine

DC

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Steve83 said:
redwagon's pic is a '92-up equalizer, with the tension
Blue'87GT's rusty pic--:banghead ;)

·
Banned
34,145 Posts
OK Blue
So, I should have said "The pic redwagon POSTED..." :rolleyes: :goodfinge
****EDIT***
With all the SFO/SMO/SMN problems, the photos have become confused, and that statement is now VERY misleading. At the time I'm editing this, there is NO photo in this thread of a '92-96 equalizer. The last one redwagon posted is a '78-91 type.

DC
Take your drums off, measure across the brake shoes horizontally, then apply & release the e-brake. The shoes should go back to the same measurement.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
wwwway late bump does anybody know where I can buy this bracket + front cable for a 94 bronco? Is it dealer only? The previous owner totally removed it and I imagine all the ones at the junkyards around here are gonna be rotted away

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
wwwway late bump does anybody know where I can buy this bracket + front cable for a 94 bronco? Is it dealer only? The previous owner totally removed it and I imagine all the ones at the junkyards around here are gonna be rotted away
Find the part number and google it. If rockauto doesn't have it Ebay usually does, and if they don't have it it's gonna be Junkyard only.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Find the part number and google it. If rockauto doesn't have it Ebay usually does, and if they don't have it it's gonna be Junkyard only.
my problem is I don't even know what it consists of since it's entirely missing (just cables dangling there)...I don't know if it's a bracket + other parts or what and searching has given me mixed results such as Bronco Graveyard: http://shop.broncograveyard.com/E-Brake-Adjuster-Rod-Assembly/productinfo/32691/?gclid=CPOmqeyup8gCFVQXHwodCPIEbg

I just bought this new bronco today and have long since sold my Chilton for my last bronco I had years ago. Will pick a book up soon but trying to get a jump start on buying parts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts