Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took a look at the body mount bushings on my 88 bronco man trans and theyre not looking too healthy . I could use some advice on how to do this myself,also If there is a particular brand and/or type I should get ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks steve ,you always seem to be there to help me out. This trucks been in so fla its whole life so I dont think theres much rust . However I dont have a welder or sawsall so Im hesitant to try it . If I do attempt it should I get the poly bushings

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took a closer look today and it seems the only ones that are bad are the two closest to the front of the truck . The back 2 are perfect .the middle two look ok ,the front two should be replaced expecially the very one in the front .Is it possible to do this without loosening all the mounts on one side ?

·
Registered
9,832 Posts
Took a closer look today and it seems the only ones that are bad are the two closest to the front of the truck . The back 2 are perfect .the middle two look ok ,the front two should be replaced expecially the very one in the front .Is it possible to do this without loosening all the mounts on one side ?
The truck is 27 years old. Rubber degrades over time, especially when exposed to the elements. Do you really think combining new and degraded bushings is a good idea? If your going to replace any of the body mount bushings you should do all of them so they match. You have no way of knowing how much the bushings have sagged over the years and the new ones will lift up their respective mounts, creating uneven stress. Not to mention the differences in flexibility.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm in the same boat except every bushing on mine including suspension is shot. All the shock bushings everything, hell the damn thing still has the original shocks! (gives credence to it being 86k original miles and not rolled over but still that's a ton of miles on a set of shocks)
I'm sure it is going to be VERY interesting to replace all the body mount bushings without a lift to pick the body up.

Hope yours goes well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts