Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebuilding a 4 speed out of an 87 f150. From all my books it looks like a tremec 3 sp w/OD. Not sure though. The parts explosion for it is almost totally accurate but I have a small plate, like splash guard or something but not showin in my explosion so i was wondering if someone had that one.

The tranny had ford casted in it with a ford part number casted in it also. No PTO cover so its not a T-19, also i know its not a 435. Fulyl synchroed with 4th being OD. Is that the right tranny?

I have it all apart. Inside of the cluster shaft has teh hardness flaking off. Main reason we are reabuilding is because it made so much noise, the one shaft is just about flat where all the roller/needler bearings road. Prolly getting parts from Rockwell standard gear unless someone has a better source?

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Does it have Push Down on the gear shift??? If so its an SROD

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, isn't the SROD have the linkage on teh side?

this had a screw off cap ofer the shifter housing and the shifter then comes right out.

After some more research looks like it is in the class of top loaders and called RUG

found my papers. The tag that is riveted to the case:

RIS CA GH 24
E7TR AA 0463

Also stamped in at the top of the case near the shifter cover:

HKB31831

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts

What I dont understand is its an 87 tranny but has a screw on shift knob??? those stopped in 83.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
since bronk didn't say it, i will.

those pictures are of an SROD transmission.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Whoops, Ya I ment to say that
^my 11 month old son said the rest

+
+

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
81Bronk36 said:
What I dont understand is its an 87 tranny but has a screw on shift knob??? those stopped in 83.

Not the shift knob the cover holding the shifter down in the transmission. The knob is screw on but the a guy cut the threads for that to put on a custom knob.

·
Super Moderator
29,437 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys, yea its that RTS/RUG Tremec 4 speed.....now if i could find where this small tin piece goes. I'm not seeing it in the parts explosions i have or these. Maybe i can get a pic of it this weekend but it is basically square with 2 half circles cut out of it on each side, it just fell out of the tranny.

hey miesk5 what happen to search.epnet.com? i tried usin the ID and pwd or was it only good for a short time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts