Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i should put one on this truck, for when i keep doing this, but yet again a new motor might be cheaper when it blows.
the idiot light never came on, but i imagine it cant be to good. kept driving back and forth about 25' feet till it flipped back onto its wheels. the toyota behidn me lost OP within 5 seconds when his went in on its side like mine

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
instead of an acummulator I would make a custom pan with a deep and wide sump, and baffles. Try to make so you can get 10 quarts in it without effecting ground clearance too much. Then make a pick up to work with the pan.

The accumolators will work but you only get about 10 to 20 seconds of oil pressure, just depends on how big it is and how much your oil pressure is.

Now if your upsidedown or so far on your side the accumulator will help better, but I would still just make a different pan for it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
if you got an airplane junkyard around.... aircraft with constant speed props will have accumulators in them, but yea what Mike said, they only provide pressure for a limited time?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
I wish I could afford an accumulator for my street driven Bronco

They virtually eliminate start-up wear. They're also a great idea for when you relocate the oil filter as that mod often starves oil to the bearings on critical startups.

Trouble is, by the time you buy the accumulator and electric solenoid valve, you into the cost of a soft top.

Ever since Mecca got bought out and Moroso is virtually the sole source, the prices have sky rocketed. Never thought I'd be wishing the designers with access to Chinese prison labour would look into a knock-off, but that might be the only way to afford one.

Sixlitre

1 - 4 of 4 Posts