Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bronco Master
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted back in January about needing an upper intake plenum. Well, I finally got around to installing the one I purchased only to crack it while putting it on tonight. :doh0715: My Bronco is due for emissions again and I am scheduled to work in Tucson 8/3 leaving 8/1 to spend the weekend there(the Bronco will pass emissions in Tucson, not Phx) so I need another upper plenum before I go.

I figured out what caused the upper to crack. The old one had cracked across the drivers side rear ear due to rough use. When I put that one back on with a crappy JB weld repair it cracked again, but ran well enough to pass emissions. The cracked section being torqued down to 15 in/lb compressed the corner of the 1" plenum spacer enough to leave that spot unsupported. When I torqued the replacement manifold down this evening it cracked in the same place. The lower manifold is flat, so I will be doing away with the plenum spacer and this should not happen again.

If you have an upper plenum you're willing to part with please send me a PM. If it is in Phx I'll be glad to come to you for pickup. I'll be in Prescott for work on Wednesday this week if someone up that way has one.

Thanks,

Mitch

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
If you cant find one localy let me know, I have two diffrent ones I'm kicking around in the shop. They are both diffrent so i will need a pic to make sure you get the right one. And the price is right. 10 buxs pluss the ride. But I guess shipping might be a bit high. Just give me a PM if ya cant find one. Good Luck.

·
Bronco Master
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redbeast9,

Thanks for responding. My original one had the "Ford Electronic Fuel Injection" script on the top, the replacement had the "Ford 5.0 EFI" in the bubble lettering. They both seemed to fit fine. I'll let you know Monday or Tuesday if I don't find one.

Thanks!

·
Bronco Master
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yesterday morining I had a nice non broken one in my garage waiting to be installed. Which yard did you see them in? I need the front header and lights off a 92+ too.

Thanks

·
Bronco Master
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found one locally today and installed it (didn't crack this time). I need to repair the vaccum leak at the throttle body gasket, otherwise it should be roadworthy.

Thanks,

Mitch

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice to hear Mitch...hope to be able to go wheeling with you soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.