Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 full size bronco 5.0 I know basic mechanics but have no idea what is going on with my truck. I bought my bronco 1 year ago after I rolled my bronco 2 and destroyed it. It had issues when I bought it so I got a good deal on it. I fixed most of the issues and know it is time to upgrade but first I need to fix something but I have no idea what is wrong with it. When on the highway I can get up to speed just fine but in overdrive I decelerate to a cruising speed and it begins to slow down, no power in overdrive. In order to get back up to the speed limit I must go into passing geer and than it will shift back into overdrive and so on. Does anybody have any idea what might be wrong. Thanks:shrug

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,874 Posts
what size tires are you running? the 302 if tired will probably not be able to maintain speed if there is a strong head wind either.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Try the timing bump threat in the tech writeup section.

Motor may be tired.

Do your RPMs stay the same or do they drop when you lose speed, might be tranny slippage.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine did same thing with stock gears (3.55's) and 33" tires, put 4.10's in it and back to stock/normal highway driving.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
90bronco33s:

Any codes from the PCM.........................? :scratchhe

What about the transmission......................? :scratchhe

:thumbup

·
Registered
199 Posts
no codes on mine...............

we don't know tire size and gearing, could've been this way all along and he's just now getting around to fixing this issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts