Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT 5.0, E4OD, 31x10.5R15 BF Goodrich A/T on OEM Rims, Rust Resto w/Custom Suspension
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Is there a website that is a good source for looking up part numbers? I need to confirm if the brake shield part numbers are F4TZ-2K004-B and F4TZ-2K005-B as indicated on the Bronco Graveyard website. There's no image so I'm not sure if that's the right part.

·
Super Moderator
29,132 Posts
Yo t,
Confirm this with local Ford Dealership parts dept;

Front ABS Sensors Motorcraft BRAB30 on 93-96 Broncos only. Clean all metal filings off to improve signal quality.

To remove the spindle, remove the sensor bolt (6-point 8mm-5/16") and the shield bolt (12-point 6mm, but a 12-point 7/32" can be hammered onto it) from inside the steering knuckle. Once the spindle is off, drive the sensor inboard HAMMERING ONLY on the tube around the bolt. Clean both sensor bores thoroughly with a steel bore brush, and clean the sensor & its bolt tube. Apply anti-seize lube to both bores before reinstalling the sensor, and to the spindle bore of the steering knuckle.

Whether the spindle was removed or not; clean its sealing surfaces thoroughly.

·
Super Moderator
29,132 Posts
Yo T,
Sorry, I mis-read your question.
Some members haven't found a source for the shields.
Some havehad local machine shops build them.
The 4WABS system would work without it, but a rock inside the hub would destroy the sensor & tone ring.

Splash Shield - Passenger Side (RH) - Ford (F4TZ-2K004-B)

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT 5.0, E4OD, 31x10.5R15 BF Goodrich A/T on OEM Rims, Rust Resto w/Custom Suspension
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Miesk. I found a couple on Amazon, but the vendor only has 1 review so I'm a bit skeptical. I'll also call my local dealer to confirm PN and see if I can get lucky.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crazy enough, it appears that I can get them through my local dealer. Cost will be about $100 ea. Does anyone out there have a used set or single that they'd be willing to part with?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or, has anyone bought anything from this online seller and are they legit? They have the OEM parts at a good price, which makes me skeptical:

F4TZ-2K004-B - FordPartsPrime.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts