Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE AN 86 FULLSIZE BRONCO WITH A EFI 302 AND I BOUGHT A WRECKED 81 WITH A CARB 351M. WHAT PROBLEMS AM I GOING TO RUN INTO AND WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO MAKE THIS EFI 302 TO CARB 351M SWAP AS SMOOTH AS POSSIBLE?

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Gacknar said:
1. STOP YELLING.

thank you :thumbup
definatly stop yelling

2. You do know that your gonna have to swap trannys to right?
Definatly cant swap a windsor/Modified without changing trannies
3. Welcome to FSB :beer
SEARCH
search

·
Registered
199 Posts
Are you sure the motor you have is a 351m and not a 351w If so, the bolt pattern (transmission) is different. 351m, 400, 429, and 460 share the same bolt pattern. 302 and 351w are the same. On another note, the 351m is considered by most to be a turd of an engine. Ive had 3 of them, and trust me, they all sucked. They can be built strong, but you would be much better off spending the money on a Windsor.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not only the bolt pattern to the bell housing different. The 351M is also a big block. You will also need to replace your exhaust manifolds and possibly your engine mounts. Not worth the effort.

If it's a 351W, get an upper and lower intake from a EFI 5.8L engine and install it on your carbed 351W. That way you still get the benefit of EFI and the torque of the 351W and it's a bolt in engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts