Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Can anyone get some pics of fullsize broncos(or anything else fullsize) with exocages. I searched and found one thread that i thought would lead me in the right direction, and that was blowns , but it had no pics. Or i could not see the pics on my computer. I have been curious on an exocage for my bronco, but wanted to see what one would look like on a bronco. Thanks in advance:toothless .

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
what is a "warn 8572" winch?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'd also like to see some fsb XO's, been thinking about doing one. I think blowns looked like shit. What I'm concerned with is adding even more width to an already wide truck. Any one got some good pics?

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
ox has an exo. and if you do track down any of blown's pics, please use those as examples of what not to do.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,007 Posts
Here's a pic of Ox's at Carlisle. He lost everything in the superford crash, and i dont think he had his pics backed up on his comp, so this might be all youre gonna get

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Luckily, I did have the EXO pics on my computer.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i knew Chevy boat had an exo and was looking at his. I also was concerned about how wide it would be, but it would protect more of the body so it doesnt get all thrashed. Thanks for all the pics they will be very helpful if i continue with an Exo.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
SquattyD said:
ox has an exo. and if you do track down any of blown's pics, please use those as examples of what not to do.
Who is blown, where is your exo, put up or shut-up? I am new here and don't know your credentials maybe you have a shop or do a lot of tube work? Show us????

Ox exo is minimal, nice though. Good triagulation at the back and "b" pillar. Nice tie-ins to the frame. Does it go across the frame above the floor?

The negatives I see = No fender protection (ever roll a rock or log up into the fender?) little hood protection in a rollover, I can see no triagulation in the "A" pillar or the hoop protecting the hood - they might fold in a roll, and are the seats tied into the cage? Where is the rocker protection?

Overall nice looking, but ain't everyone a critic? I'd give up good looking for strength.

***** I dig the tube doors!!!!!!!

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,007 Posts
If you had seen blown's exo (if you can really call it that), you wouldnt make comments to Squatty. And yes, he knows how to use a bender and a welder, you should see his current bronc build with complete custom frame and fourlinks :rockon

Ox is one of those guys who doesnt care about sheetmetal, hence the minimalist approach on the sides. Im pretty sure he was planning on tie-ing the seats into the cage when he gets new seats & harnesses.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
back to the thread...If you keep the exo no farther out then your rock slides then I dont see width being a problem...make your sliders the furtherest point out...

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
buster said:
Who is blown, where is your exo, put up or shut-up? I am new here and don't know your credentials maybe you have a shop or do a lot of tube work? Show us????

Ox exo is minimal, nice though. Good triagulation at the back and "b" pillar. Nice tie-ins to the frame. Does it go across the frame above the floor?

The negatives I see = No fender protection (ever roll a rock or log up into the fender?) little hood protection in a rollover, I can see no triagulation in the "A" pillar or the hoop protecting the hood - they might fold in a roll, and are the seats tied into the cage? Where is the rocker protection?

Overall nice looking, but ain't everyone a critic? I'd give up good looking for strength.

***** I dig the tube doors!!!!!!!
Yeah, I do have more to do. First time I bent tube, so it took me weeks to get this done (bending 2" on a manual bender is a bitch). Hence I have not been back at it (takin a break).

I still want to add 45 degree supports @ the bottom of the A pillar hoop (probably through the fender), down the center of the windshield, where the main 2" rear bars curves and runs straight down to rear of frame. Possibly a bar that runs horiz, right above the floor connecting the two lower sections of the vertical X (which will help to tie seats into). Also need to get seats/harnesses and tie them in. I'd also like to tie the A and B pillar hoop along the middle of the door, as an internal cage would. Not sure how to do that and then still be able to open any kind of door, maybe just above the tube door, but then you have nice place to rack your head into. Maybe couple small pieces at 90 degree spots, like top edge of roof @ A-pillar.

Rocker protection, I have not decided on. Right now I have rect tube that fits in below the door sill. Has worked fine so far and I don't want anything that hangs below that. Also don't want anything that will keep me from putting the stock door back (hence my dilema). May do that in the winter and go with a modified fastback soft top (under the cage mostly).

I used 2" 1026 DOM for the main cage. All the sheet metal protection is 1.75 HREW. And no in 20 years of wheeling, I have never had a tire pick up a rock or log big enough to do any kind of major sheet metal damage. Not sure I see how that happens. Even with my boggers (which pick up stuff better than most tires with the huge lugs), which sees wheelspeeds up to 50 MPH in the muck, it's never happend and thats in mud holes that little pricks like to fill with all kinds of junk cause they think it is funny. :twak Anyway, I have thought about protecting the 1/4 possibly, but how much more non structural weight do I want add to this pig. The fenders are about an hour job with sawzall and spraypaint, so who cares if I trash one. I pretty much ran the sheet metal protection in areas where I had mutiple dents and none of the wheelwells were dented. l

Also, keep in mind, east coast we don't have lots of 1000 foot drop offs to roll down and we have so many trees, you won't get that far usually. :toothless

1 - 20 of 25 Posts