Discussion Starter #1

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Never heard of a duraspark carb :twak

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Meh, I went on the wild guess he meant a Carter YF(A) 1-bbl and Duraspark-II ignition. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, I figured everyone would know what I meant, no need for comment if you cant help cheb.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meh, I went on the wild guess he meant a Carter YF(A) 1-bbl and Duraspark-II ignition. :D
Sig what I really need is a view showing what the link I posted has but for the Duraspark ignition showing the vac line routes. Thanks for your help I'll look into Autozone site and see if they have it there.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Ah, you're looking for the VECI label. Is the one attached to the underside of your hood gone?

That autozone website actually has them under Driveability & Emissions --> Vacuum Diagrams. The unfortunate part is that you need to know your calibration code, and unless it's still on your B-pillar, there's no way of telling for sure. Also, another caveat: they only list 5.0L and 5.8L for 1981. However, Ford has at times referred to the 302 as a 4.9L, as it appears in my 1978 Ford truck service manuals & books. The AZ site may or may not have things bass ackward. So getting the right vacuum map is going to be tricky if yours is gone. It might sound crazy, but I bet you can get a new one from your local Ford dealer since it's an emissions component, technically. Take your VIN with ya!

I was going to recommend the motorcraft.com web site for getting your VECI label, but it only goes back to 1988. :cry

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
no need for comment if you cant help cheb.
No need to be here if you cant take a playful joke. Besides, what fun is it reading through threads with nothing but concise information?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
**cough **

roman...?

**cough**

:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No need to be here if you cant take a playful joke. Besides, what fun is it reading through threads with nothing but concise information?
any way....do you have a carb i6 cheb? feedback or duraspark. If its original duraspark ig can you send me a pic of the top to show me the vac line routes. I dont claim to be a mechanic, I just know enough to screw things up. I want to make sure I have the lines routed correct then start looking for a leak. Also for the life of me I cant get the rotor to line with number 1 wire and have the stator and armature line up. I know this is from an engine swap and a new distributor drop in. The crank was turned while distributor was out. Ive gone through the steps to get it close but either the rotor is misaligned or stator and arm. is misaligned. Is there an easier way to get them all three to align. The diagram on autozone shows all three aligned. I cant seem to drop in the link to show it.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
**cough **

roman...?

**cough**

:D
Not sure what that means...? As for carbs 'n stuff, alls I gots is an Edelbrock 1406 and a Pertronix-ed points dist, so my vacuum routing of one whole line wouldnt do you much good. Stay strong, L6 brother!

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
There's no such thing as a 1-bbl TB for these trucks, so IDK what you thought you saw. :shrug Post the linked thumbnail.
By that, do you mean they only came with the dual port tb, or just in the sense that its not a carb? I havent seen many efi 300s at my local yard and never noticed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The link is in my first post, thats a fuel injected 300, right. I didnt see the carb'd diagram, maybe i missed it. Can you drop the link for me in your reply Steve?

·
Registered
129 Posts
exploded view

Opigonbad, PM me through this website and I can send you some photos of my underhood decal tomorrow night. I have an 81 with the 1bbl 6cyl. I tried to reply with the pics, but I do not have a place to host my pics, and I guess you can't add images from a hard drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts