Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow on this one i really need some help. Ok let me begin by explaining what happens.
1 I charge the battery (brand new..bought yesterday)
2 I install it and the bronco starts:chili: ...but the dash gauge shows less than 8 volts:banghead .
3 now every time i start it after that it sounds like a dead battery...i can hear the solinod and starter trying but just cant do it:box0715: .

Im replacing the starter and solonid like this weekend...but i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions..i will take em ...thanks

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I would take a real close look at all the ground points.....also check all your battery leads...and their terminals. Be on the look out for corrosion or loose fittings and such......make sure everything is clean and tight.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Check all your cables and connections and check your alternator output. Using a meter check the voltage on the battery with it running and on the alt charge cable.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i bought all new cables for it too....sunday im gunna start doing all the work...also does anyone have ne suggestions for some gas that sat for about a year and a half...this gas is nasty..its not watery but its varnished

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would siphon out as much of the fuel as possible, then fill it with fresh fuel, and maybe add some type of fuel additive or Seafoam to the tank.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys...so far ive gotten the new starter, new wires off the pos and neg. and i ran a new lead to the starter. It turns over great now...just for some odd reason the battery seems like its going dead for no apparent reason im gunna check it tommorw but its in there for now. Tommorw (sunday) im goin to start to drain the tank and try some seafoam or B-12.

It starts now...for a second then immideatly shuts down, im gunna go digging thrugh the garage and see if i have some new tune up parts for the truck. I think i have a set of wires and a cap and rotor..and maby ill just buy a new coil in case thats shorting out. Im gunna try and drain the tank first tho since that seems like its probably 90% of my problem. KEEP THE HELP COMING i really need it. Thanks again guys:thumbup

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im on day 2 of my trouble shooting..i noticed the high pressure pump going and not the in tank pump so i dropped the tank (something i probably shoulda done day 1) and found that the fuel pump is completly varnished over...it looks like it has a layer of glass over it...and also that my tank has about 8 holes in it:duh . I ordered the new tank from the junkie (100 bucks) and im gunna pick up a new pump too and go from there.

As far as the power situation i found that my neg. terminal is completly corroded and i ran the ground right to a starter bolt for now and it seems to hold a charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts