Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Just got done installing 6 new shocks on 93, bronco. I also have a steering stabilizer to install. Its a rancho and I received the kit to mount a bracket to the tie arm. Where does it go after that. the guy at the shop said there was a hole already and I don't have anymore parts in the mounting kit. My haynes manual only shows a pitcure of a early model ford and does not discuss stabilizers. Pics would be helpful if you have after market single stabilizer.
THX..........
P.S. I did search already.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
nope your right, but you have to drill a hole, here are the ones i put on this is the dual kit, but it is really just 2 single kits.

hard to tell but that is how they mount

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you going to swap to a solid axle? If not, what's the point? I've noticed folks putting a stabilizer on to compensate for some other malfunctioning steering component. IMO you don't NEED a steering stabilizer on a TTB unless your running 35s or better. The main thing is to ensure your steering geometry is correct and the components are not in disrepair.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
i disagree. granted the TTB handles like poop anyways, but i had a ton of bump steer, i could never take my hand off the wheel, and driving on the highway got tiring, constant steering correction.

i put the duals on, because i got a sweet deal, granted i only had 32's, but like i said i pretty much stole em.

huge difference, tracked a bit better becasue bump steer was reduced a ton, i would now let pther people drive it on the highway, becasue it was had much less bump steer

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
i think my stabilizer helped on my ttb to take out alot of the bumpsteer. this is of course until I bashed it into a rock. with the solid axle I dont even concider using a stabilizer, I have zero bumpsteer with my setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts