Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, searched and everything, but still dont know what to do here. As you can see, my flows sit just right above, maybe a lil after the rear axles. I plan on putting my lift kit back on, and what should I do about the whole set-up. Do I really need to finish my set-up on the exhaust. I've read where people just put turndowns before their axles, but mine are already to the axles.

So i guess what i'm askin is, what is the best way about doing this. Because during the summer, if i take my top off, I just get hella exhaust fumes. And don't want that, what can I do to fix this?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If you want to eliminate fumes then you need to run the exhaust out the side either in front of(not likely with the position of your mufflers) or behind the rear wheels. If you leave it like it is or put turn downs you will still get exhaust in the cab with the back window down or with the top off.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah i'm thinking of changing the mufflers out to something smaller. Maybe some Dynomax bullets because, i have my old setup of where my tailpipes came straight back under the rear bumper, but the flows were bigger than my old ones, so if i get those that might help a little.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Looks like your rear main is leaking something feirce. why would you want your truck to have 2 Y pipes like that????

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
I have ran turndowns, pipe that just ends, single side exit, and dual side exit. I always got fumes with the wback window down, but never ever with the top off. It should be arodynamicly imposable for it to do it with the top off.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
And don't want that, what can I do to fix this?
]
Never seen a more needy candidate for a larger single exhaust. You need one now and you'll need one worse after the lift.

Somebody here posted pics of a 98 Ford F-350 tailpipe, it's almost 4" in diameter.

Sixlitre

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Have you got a straight 6 in there?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah, haven't had much time to tune-up or check everything on the bko except this week was the first in a while. Haven't drove it for about 2 weeks, was letting my bro use it. But yah, I have a 351w not a straight 6, my dad thought that doing the catback duals would help clean up the cats.....but they were too plugged. So I cut one of them out and placed pipe in there instead. If it warms up today I'm gonna get down there and do some cleanin up and see what the problem is and why so much leaks. But then again, warmed up it will probably only be about 15 degrees, haha. So it's gonna be a cold one:enforce

So later on I'll post up what I find, and maybe I'll resize the pics so they aren't as big this time, haha. But thanx for all the input. I really would like to go back to single exhaust, but I still want loud. I just have that thing with loud trucks:goodfinge So what kind of set-up should I do to run bigger exhaust? And what would some of the prices range from?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I have a Bassani Y-pipe and a straight 3" single exhaust with a Flow 40 dumping in front of the rear axle. You can hear it on my Superfor page.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Our setup is a custom Y-pipe straight pipe to a flowmaster that's mounted right after the xfer case.. After that it dumbs straight down.. We had it going all the way out the side like factory, but we still got fumes in with the back window down.. So I put it back this way.. sounds a lot better and gives the bronco more gitty up.. The back window doesn't roll down so we don't worry about fumes.. I'll fix the window soon because as soon as the rainy season is over it's Topless time.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
RLKBOB said:
I have a Bassani Y-pipe and a straight 3" single exhaust with a Flow 40 dumping in front of the rear axle. You can hear it on my Superfor page.
Sounds frickin' great Bob !!!!!!

and from a single exhaust too !

Sixlitre

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
Yah, haven't had much time to tune-up or check everything on the bko except this week was the first in a while. Haven't drove it for about 2 weeks, was letting my bro use it. But yah, I have a 351w not a straight 6, my dad thought that doing the catback duals would help clean up the cats.....but they were too plugged. So I cut one of them out and placed pipe in there instead. If it warms up today I'm gonna get down there and do some cleanin up and see what the problem is and why so much leaks. But then again, warmed up it will probably only be about 15 degrees, haha. So it's gonna be a cold one:enforce

So later on I'll post up what I find, and maybe I'll resize the pics so they aren't as big this time, haha. But thanx for all the input. I really would like to go back to single exhaust, but I still want loud. I just have that thing with loud trucks:goodfinge So what kind of set-up should I do to run bigger exhaust? And what would some of the prices range from?
Well than that's a pretty funky set up you got there. You should have saved your money and only connected one pipe and muffler, I doubt much exhaust is even going out the DS muffler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts