Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob in the forum...picked up a 78 bronco, lots of rot. The shocks are rotted down to the pistons. It sits on 33's, I know they aren't factory. What would be the shock length either compressed or extended to look for? No idea what size lift, as no blocks under the rear springs. It sits low on the tires, but has full clearance lock to lock on the steering wheel. Thanks in advance...

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,508 Posts
Best off to measure it and get them to fit your truck.
would also help to get some pictures as so maybe able to see how much lift it has or to confim its stockness

There should also be at least the factory wedge on the rear, unless someone has cut off the perches, indexed the housing, and re-welded them, or put new ones back into place to correct for the pinion angle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Dont know how much its sagging, otherwise I would have just measured bolt to bolt. Just got it thursday and starting to go thru it...

·
Registered
32 Posts
The SINGLE SHOCKS on the front will have TWO DIFFERENT NUMBERS ON THE BOX. One is LONGER then the other one. Why ? I do not know,but if you get them backwards you will know it. So MAKES SURE you get the correct ones on each side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts