Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have a backwards problem with a lift. I bought a Bronco and most of the mods and additions were done several owners back, so I am having to dig through and try to figure out what has been done.

I am pretty sure that the truck has some kind of suspension lift based on the pretty red coils and the Rancho shocks, plus a good deal of clearance for the 32 in tires on it now.

Is there any quick way to identify just how much of a lift it has on it now? I don't see any kind of identification on the parts, but I could be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks for any and all ideas.

Jeff

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
sounds like you have a lift maybe 4 inches? I donno that would be my random guess but to find out all you gotta do is measure imn ot sure of the points to measure from but im sure someone will chime in on where.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Blaze said:
Does it have blocks on the rear leaves??? If so measure those...:beer
thats not a very accurate way to determine front lift:goodfinge my 4" used 2.5" blocks and it sat level. (the blocks were actually tapered from 2.25-2.5" to help the pinion angle) and most lifts don't lift the rear as much as the front.

measure the coil spring at ride height and compare it to mine. i have a 4" lift.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Exactly, but if he can tell us folks with lifted rigs the size of his rear blocks, then we can compare to what we got...:shrug
I know I shouldn't assume but I meant for him to run out and measure, than come post results so we could help...ya know?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spring measurements for the lift

Andy351 said:
thats not a very accurate way to determine front lift:goodfinge my 4" used 2.5" blocks and it sat level. (the blocks were actually tapered from 2.25-2.5" to help the pinion angle) and most lifts don't lift the rear as much as the front.

measure the coil spring at ride height and compare it to mine. i have a 4" lift.

Ok. I measured the coils from top of the coil to bottom is about 14.25 inches. The rear springs seem to have an extra thick leaf in the middle and all the leaves together at the center measure just under 2.5 inches. There is a block at the bottom of the leaves that measures .75 inches at the front, and 1.25 inches at the back.

I have no idea how to attach images here, so I put photos of the front and rear springs on my superford profile at - http://www.superford.org/members/profile.php?id=8346

I am guessing this means about a 2 inch lift perhaps?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts