Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:whiteflag I got home today and found a letter from code enforcment in my mail box. I guess my neighbors finally got tired of looking at my truck:cry I now have 30 days to get this thing to move under its own power , which is where the problem lies. (1)I pulled the motor and tranny awhile back to put a new oil pan,timing gears,intake, and fix some leaky gaskets. And i am doing a tranny swap. I have everything just a bout ready to go back in.(2) I need to square up the front axle with the rear and replace the c bushings and radius arm bushings and install some new coil spring mounts(3) I have started a shackle flip in the rear I need to finish (i had the motor in the garage to work on , on the crappy weekends, and the shackle for the nice ones)(4) i have new shocks for all 4 corners(5)I also have new set of ring and pinion gears for the rear , if i can get them in great if not ill have to wait. Plus a couple of cosmetic repairs along with a new spray bomb paint job. Anybody willing to help , i have beer:beer and a grill :rockon . Any help would be appreciated. I am willing to return the favor

MY OBJECTIVE
I would like to have this thing street worthy by the end of the 30 day period so i can go turn donuts in the grass in front of the codes building. This hit me kinda hard since i had slow down the work a couple of months ago cause im a new daddy, and a little short of money .i have just about everything here or its on its way
thanks guys

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sorry to here that man.I wish i could help ya.But i just started doing 12 hours a day.I hate the hours,but the money's good come payday.If a do get some time off a can try and help ya.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Man, that sucks. On the other hand, I live in Williamsburg and am willing to help. Have not done any heavy wrench turning in a while but am willing to help. Will be out of town first weekend in March but have some time after that. Let me know

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
old79bronco said:
Sorry to here that man.I wish i could help ya.But i just started doing 12 hours a day.I hate the hours,but the money's good come payday.If a do get some time off a can try and help ya.
thanks man , im sure i can get the help . I wouldnt want you to use your time off to work on my POS. 7/12 can be rough I used to workem all the time:thumbup

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
borgker said:
Man, that sucks. On the other hand, I live in Williamsburg and am willing to help. Have not done any heavy wrench turning in a while but am willing to help. Will be out of town first weekend in March but have some time after that. Let me know
I appreciate it ,any help is better than none. im gonna start making plans here soon. Im not too far from williamsburg , im right down fort eustis blvd on 17 .

·
Registered
210 Posts
This wkend is full for me but I'll see what I can do next wkend. I know little about that area I use to mountian biking off of Fort Eustis Bulv. right before you get to 17.I'll pm you next wk to let ya know and get directions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guys, we all like to hit the trail together, lets try and get one of our own back on the trail. Lots of FSB folks in this area. Just a few people pitching in and we can get this done!!!! svt5litre, post some directions

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guy's, if you pm me i can give you specific directions , cause there is a couple of different ways to get here . Easiest though is to take 64 to fort eustis blvd heading towards yorktown . then hang a left on 17 go up 2 stoplights to the 7-11 and turn left . You cant miss me im on the left . Only house with a blue and gray ford sittin on 39" swampers:rockon
ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR THE HELP

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its actually pretty easy to get to im right on the main road

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I got the motor just about to go in, hopefully tonight. 25 days and counting

·
Registered
52 Posts
Saturday March 11, if you still need help I can be there most of the day, hell, probably all of it, Let me know and if so what time do you want to start.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How did ya do this wkend? If ya still need help I'll be out next sat. around 1. I get off at 12. If ya need anything from the junk yard I'll be going out there sunday. Have to pick up some stuff for my girls bko. Let us know. Todd

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Saturday March 11, if you still need help I can be there most of the day, hell, probably all of it, Let me know and if so what time do you want to start.
How did ya do this wkend? If ya still need help I'll be out next sat. around 1. I get off at 12. If ya need anything from the junk yard I'll be going out there sunday. Have to pick up some stuff for my girls bko. Let us know. Todd
If ya'll want to come out I still have a ton of stuff to do.I got the engine put back in friday night . Got a couple of odds and ends done saturday.
old79bronco :thumbup came out sunday and got the tranny and transfercase up there to build the new crossmember . I still need to get a flywheel for the 5speed before i can get everything up there for good. I still have to replace all the bushings on the front end . Im gonna try and get as much of the small stuff as i can get done by myself this week . so hopefully it will be mobile this weekend. I still have to bend up a new exhaust system, do a little tlc and get it spraybombed. Ill probably be up and about around 10 or so . pm me and ill give you my address and cell number .

·
Registered
210 Posts
I"ll hit ya up on friday to get your #.You are right behind the 7-11 across from the side road going to the Coast Garde station to the right? Wright before the Colemen brigde? Ya I cannot spell!!!!!

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Just saw this...

If I didn't have "museum" obligations this weekend I'd come help. Let me know if you need help later on though.... :thumbup

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Damn im glad of where i live...if you dont have a vehicle up on blocks neighbor would call the cops to have one put on blocks....

i actually only have a couple neighbors..but they are cool with the bronco...my parents neighbors were even better..it is a nice middle class neighbor hood...people just dont have play toys liike the bronco...hell that thing would sit more then drive and they never cared.

now i just look normal where i live

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
taftmarley
I"ll hit ya up on friday to get your #.You are right behind the 7-11 across from the side road going to the Coast Garde station to the right? Wright before the Colemen brigde? Ya I cannot spell!!!!!
Yeah that is correct . I pm you my cell # Thanks for coming out man. I owe you one:beer
Ironclad Just saw this...
If I didn't have "museum" obligations this weekend I'd come help. Let me know if you need help later on though....
Yesterday 10:44 PM
Thanks man , I think this weekend should get her driveable . Then I just got to get everything buttoned up good and do a little cosmetic work:rockon So maybe in 2-3 weeks we can get out and do some wheelin

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SrATEX said:
Damn im glad of where i live...if you dont have a vehicle up on blocks neighbor would call the cops to have one put on blocks....

i actually only have a couple neighbors..but they are cool with the bronco...my parents neighbors were even better..it is a nice middle class neighbor hood...people just dont have play toys liike the bronco...hell that thing would sit more then drive and they never cared.

now i just look normal where i live
I found out a couple of weekends ago what happened. My neighbors next door are selling their house, and when the real estate agent did pre inspection and add pictures , took one look over here and 2 days before the sign went up,,, Bam , here is a letter from codes and compliance. I lived here for almost 3 years and had a couple of projects on blocks and nobody said anything . I just hate to rush this thing though, oh well .I live in a yuppie neighborhood with volvos and beamers it was only a matter of time . If only i had neighbors like yours

·
Registered
52 Posts
Man, sorry, I'm out for this weekend. Boss informed we have a delivery in DC on Saturday and no way out of it. Sucks, but got to cover the job. Again, sorry man

1 - 20 of 20 Posts