Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran the part 1 self test koeo . here is the codes i received

6-5-4--6-5-4-------1--------2-1-1--2-1-2----2-1-1--2-1-2

the manual said i should repair the present codes first. and not worry of the continuous memory codes. because they may or may not be present now.

I also want to know if i should go ahead and do the engine time test or repair codes first then move on?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what do these codes mean?

1995 bronco 5.0 e4od , used a obd1 scanner . here are codes new code-654, continuous memory codes- 211,212

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
DTC 211 - Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) circuit fault
DTC 212 - Los of Ignition Diagnostic Monitor (IDM) signal - Spout circuit grounded

Make sure that you have a Black TFI ICM and not Gray. Otherwise, test your PIP.

DTC 654 - Not in "park" during KOEO Self-test

Make sure that you test in Park and not Nuetral. Otherwise, test your MLPS.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i ran the part 1 self test koeo . here is the codes i received

6-5-4--6-5-4-------1--------2-1-1--2-1-2----2-1-1--2-1-2

the manual said i should repair the present codes first. and not worry of the continuous memory codes. because they may or may not be present now.

I also want to know if i should go ahead and do the engine time test or repair codes first then move on?
I just addressed this back in your original thread. 654 says that your truck wasn't in Park when you ran the test. If it was in Park, then you need to trouble shot the MLP switch on the drivers side of the transmission.

I'd go back and make sure it was in park and run the tests again.

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,607 Posts
As Seattle stated before make sure you have a black Ignition module installed on your truck first. The earlier model gray colored on will cause the 211/212 error codes. Have any parts been replaced recently?

Code 654 means the transmission was not in Park during the KOEO tests. Verify the transmission is in Park, re-run the tests. If you still have the issue, you may need to adjust the Manual Lever Position Sensor (MLPS) or replace it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As Seattle stated before make sure you have a black Ignition module installed on your truck first. The earlier model gray colored on will cause the 211/212 error codes. Have any parts been replaced recently?

Code 654 means the transmission was not in Park during the KOEO tests. Verify the transmission is in Park, re-run the tests. If you still have the issue, you may need to adjust the Manual Lever Position Sensor (MLPS) or replace it.

ive only had this truck for about three weeks now. the po didnt seem to take well care of the truck i assume since the engine oil was crap!.. the reason im checking codes is because i cant afford to take to a shop, also because i want to learn my truck since ive falling in love with it lol jk,,,and lastly because it didnt pass smog.

Where is the black ignition module?

·
Registered
263 Posts
ive only had this truck for about three weeks now. the po didnt seem to take well care of the truck i assume since the engine oil was crap!.. the reason im checking codes is because i cant afford to take to a shop, also because i want to learn my truck since ive falling in love with it lol jk,,,and lastly because it didnt pass smog.

If you're going to have to ask about every part and proceedure anybody suggests, your truck is going to rust away and your still going to be posting questions.

Go out an spend $20, on a Chilton manual and look up TFI.

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
I just addressed this back in your original thread. 654 says that your truck wasn't in Park when you ran the test. If it was in Park, then you need to trouble shot the MLP switch on the drivers side of the transmission.

I'd go back and make sure it was in park and run the tests again.
:thumbup

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,355 Posts
im a noob how do i test these codes/repair?
not by making multiple threads in multiple areas, n00b! :twak

welcome to the site. try not to make it a mess. you can get the help you need much faster and easier this way. thank you, good luck and have a nice day! :beer

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not by making multiple threads in multiple areas, n00b! :twak

welcome to the site. try not to make it a mess. you can get the help you need much faster and easier this way. thank you, good luck and have a nice day! :beer
sorry guys. didnt mean to offend, i really do appreciate your help and patience.
mayb one day i wont b a noob

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,607 Posts

Labeled ICM in this photo from my buddy Bill:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we all were at some point. :thumbup
thanks guys...so today my buddy called me over to place. turns out he had borrowed a snap on graphing scanner.

we ran all available tests, i gues the 211,212 codes that were logged in to the memory,were repaired just never erased from the computer.

however after running a koer test, the scanner found a 311 code.
the koeo code 654 is still present.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we also found out that the idle was low, i adjusted the throttle body screw and for some reason when i drove it home it was actually shifting better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts