Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. Can someone tell me where to find the factory amp on a 1995 EB with in-dash CD? I purchased an aftermarket unit with bypass wiring but would prefer not to go on a disassembly mission to find the amp. Any help would be appreciated.

Happy New Year. :banghead

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a high-power amp and didn't trust the quality of the factory amp. My harness doesn't fit the square plug that attaches to the factory unit. Do you have specs on the factory amp, and how do you like it? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
you can get a harness for the square plug just go to circut city, although the factory amp does suck and in order to run an aftermarket unit with subs you need to get a little $20 blue box that will equalize everything. Otherwise your max volume will be like 10 and it will be extremely loud but your subs will be quiet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it. :chili: The tech help dude at Crutchfield knew where it was. Driver's side under the dash just above the accelerator pedal. No subs going in just yet. Just replacing Alpine head unit, front component speakers and rear 4-ways and adding the Alpine CD changer. More power and subs will be down the road. Thanks for the ideas and info! :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts