Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
T & J:
This is right out of www.fordfuelinjection.com

CM - continous memory : PFE or EVP circuit has intermittently failed below minimum voltage of 0.24 volts.

What is the Haynes Manual diagnostic procedure for this............?

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
339 Posts
FWIW, I'm not sure how big of an issue a 31 is. Could there be another issue affecting your mileage and idle? Any other codes?

The reason I ask is because my Bronco has thrown 31 ever since I've owned it. I replaced the EVP sensor and performed a leakdown and solenoid test without any luck. I have no driveability issues, and it's passed smog twice, so I haven't bothered to try tracking it down any further.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Project86,
The only other code I have is KOER 13 which is cannot control RPM during self test which I think is caused by KOEO/KOER 31. I sometimes get KOER 44 (Thermactor), but it comes and goes at it pleases. I have checked, cleaned, and tested the smog pump, air bypass valve, and air diverter valve as discribed in Haynes.

I also have just recently pass smog with code 31 and from what I have read this code effect MPG. I am not as worried about the idle issue and hope that when I clear 31 it will go away.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
T&J
On code 44 you need to look a bit further :doh0715: towards the back of the motor at your Cross-Over Tube (handlebar shape) which is attached to the cylinder heads, the CHECK VALVE (check for burn thru/rust) on top of the c/o tube and the air bypass valve/smog tube back near the firewall is attached to another check valve and tube that goes to the CAT. Also check all of those plastic vacuum lines for leaks.

Over by the battery you have a air reservoir that sort off a black half box, this is where your EGR solenoids (Ford/Lectron inc.) which are Elec./Vacuum so you need to look them over, the one to the left or nearest to the motor is "obsolete" ($115.00) but I have a go to guy for hard finds if you need.

Thermactor Air System is your emissions system and any leak will cause the motor to feel like it's missing because it changes the air stream from up to down.

The c/otube is made of sturdy metal and you don't need the gaskets just a good grease that will melt and develope a shellack finish, (Steve83)

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

The thermactor check'd out good again last. I think my smog pump is failing because the pulley is wobbling...so the bearing is trashed or something.

Any ideas on the code 31?

Any thoughts on switching the EEC?

thnx

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was pulling a 31 also...as soon as I hooked the smog pump back up it went away. Sounds like your pump is failing...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Any ideas on the code 31?
KOER this error would trip the check engine light right?

Try removing the green vacuum tube from the egr valve and let us know if the light goes off.

EDIT: N/M I thought I read error 32

1 - 10 of 10 Posts