Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hell of a time trying to find carpet for the interior of the bronco.. I'm wondering if I should even bother with carpet since it's going to get soaked in there, just need something to quiet it down.
Also need front seats, not worried about the back, I don't need more than one passenger. We're reshaping the dash pad so that should be golden. Oh & there's no head liner, tried re-upholstering that but it's a no go.

As far as the exterior, there are a few dents that someone f'd up. Rather than wacking the dents out then using a little bit of bondo, there's a good 1/2 inch of bondo in a couple dents, it's popping out...
I also have a tiny bit of cancer on the drivers side door- It's very small but all the way through. I don't know body work, any suggestions would be great.
Oh, & the tail gate is rusted out around the hinges, is there a fix for that or is it time for a new tailgate, you can't see the rust & the back window still rolls down.
Other than those few flaws, my bronco is solid & straight.:hump:hump Mike loves his Broncos, so he set me up good.

Oh, it's a 79 by the way

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I would definitely do the bedliner on the interior but it doesnt muffle sound as well and its not as good as insulator which might be a problem in alaska. I dunno how much it would affect the cab temps in the middle of winter but it wont help any. You could also look into marine carpet. So you can still muffle sounds and have insulation but not worry about getting the carpet soaked.

Go ahead and pull out the rest of the bondo and sand it down. Bondo can trap water behind it if done poorly and can lead to some major rust issues in the future. Get behind the panel and tap it lightly with a hammer with a dolly on the other side (heavy flat metal object). For the door you would need to either get a new door skin, new door, or make a patch panel for it. Door skins can be a PITA and a patch panel could to tough to fab up with little experience.

Definitely a good idea to fix all the rust now, it doesnt get any better with time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might go with a patch panel for the door.. it's tiny, we've sanded it down and sprayed primer in there to delay any more rust. I'll pop that bondo off tonight, I hope there's nothing behind there, I'll cry, for real. Hahaha
Thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
post up some pictures of the problem areas. we can help you out a little better if we can see what we are working with.

·
Banned
906 Posts
NO CARPET.

Bedliner or rubber mats

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
I'm going with a molded vinyl kit instead of carpet when the time comes. Found a place that has a complete kit with backing for just over 200 bucks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NO CARPET.

Bedliner or rubber mats
I need some sort of insulation, I have to drive it all winter. I don't even know where I would find rubber mats... We have this bright orange crap that you mix with something else and it turns into rubber, we got it from a construction thing, we were using it to make GIANT bouncy balls... I should test that in someone elses truck & see if I like it. haha. It would be really slick but defineately water tight

·
Banned
906 Posts
They sell rubber floor cover in LMC, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts