Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 2 Flowmaster super 44 for 100 bucks. i have headers from my stock 5.0 mustang, some people said they'll fit on the 351 in my bronco? and add pwoer? i wasnt sure so i figured id ask here. ALSO im wanting to do a dual system on my own (with a few friendS) but dont know how to do it exactly, were all pretty noligable and can figure it out, im trying to get ideas on what to do and if its hard to set up. Im going for just STRAIGHT dual pipes, with my flo-44's. any have a diagram of how to do it? or a picture of how they did it, or had it done. THANKS.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Headers=more horsepower, lower torque. Free flowing exhaust = More horsepower, lower backpresure, lower torque. If you are okay with a loud truck that has little torque and maybe 5 more actual horsepower then do it by all means. I would definatly use the headers, but run them into a single cat back system with one muffler and have it exit the stock location. There is a reason you shouldnt run duals on these trucks, exhaust fumes creep in if the exhaust is run the wrong route!! Safety 1st bro! Is this a trail truck or DD? The drone may run you out if its a DD with the plan you ave now.

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
your 1356 is going to be in your way. You never specified if they were shorty or long tube headers?

dual exhaust blows donkey cawk on a bronco. It's a retarded exhaust system, especially if you're going to run it to the back bumper with those giant chrome fag tips.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loud doesn't bother me.. ive had LOUD trucks/cars all my life, and have been around them ALL my life, thats not the issue. My stock exhaust has several leaks in it, and figured why spend money on fixing it, why not put differant exhaust on it, since i been wanting to. Im pretty sure they are longtube headers. and no i was going out the side, or just going to run dumps. I just need ANYTHING besides my stock exhaust, and something easy and that sounds good (loud is fine with me).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Okay as long as you realize what you are changing and doing, go for it, but I'm with James, duals on a rig like this seems non funtional and you may rip em off offroading. Run dumps, not chrome 3" by 4' tips like the rednecks do, they look like hell. have you considered running a cutout after the Y pipe with electronic controls? You can get one for 100 bucks and have it installed by a pro for 30 bucks. Therefore you can have a quite stock system and the loud as hell wide open system when you want it. All controlled by a wireless remote. And the cutout just plugs into your cigarette lighter like a phone charger :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i HATE HATE HATE chrome tips.. BLAHHHH gross!!! haha.. not my thing ever.. but i was just going to run just straight duals from the engine.. should I do it some other way? i just dont have many tools to bend the pipes er nething, why i was jsut going to do straight pipes from the headers. good or bad idea? and can i do it some other way with not spending A LOT of money. im also re-buidling a mustang currently.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You are going to throw good $ away doing this honestly. You have to be able to bend the pipes correctly. Ogtherwise you will have rubbing and banging exhaust pipes. either take it to a pro where they have bending machines or just wait until you can afford to buy a kit OR just say fuuuuk it and leave it stock. Maybe putting the flowmaster in the system will give you what you want??? Repair the leaks and slp in the 44 see what it sounds like!?!?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dotn care if i can use the headers or not, figured i had them laying around it was worth seeing if they fit or not, ill just get new ones lol, im sure i can find a pair of aftermarket headers from someone i know (lot of them had 351's lol) But yea i guess ill wait and see how much the shop would charge to make a system if i bring the mufflers. but thank you for your help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1.more towards sound, performance is not a big thing right now, till I get my 'stang motor rbuilt (ill have extra parts for my bronco 351 after that) and look, im going with dumps so they wont be shown. 2. not really sure, i had a system quoted a few months ago and it was close to 600$$ (which seemd steep to me, had my 2008 dodge ram exhaust there 2 years ago and they only charged me like 300) 3.I can do everything besides bending pipe. can hang,weld etc. everything besdies properly bend tube. What do you think?

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Whats year is the bronco?
And with every bronco the family has owned, the right manifold leaks. So if you going for eliminating exhaust leaks
you may want to check that out.

What year is your mustang too?
-Vance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its a 1993 bronco, and my mustang is a 89. I'm going more than fixing the leak, i hate having a quiet vehicle :p, and for the single dump, because eventually ina few months im going to actually run duals out the sides. But want to do the body work, etc. prior.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick Q, i was on craigslist, and there a bunch of cheap 351headers, but there saying they for a msutang.. Will they work on the Bronco, even tho its for a 351 in a 'stang? sorry if its a dumb Question. there full length headers.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Full length headers are a pain on 80-96 Bronco's and F-150's.
There are clearance issues all over the place, and the drivers side points at the tranny cross member, and many people end up running the exhaust under it
:barf

Mustang long tubes wont fit at all.

The best way to run true duals on our trucks is the same way you run single, down the passenger side, then you can split once you get past the transfer case.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Those are longtubes :cry
Full length headers are a pain on 80-96 Bronco's and F-150's.
There are clearance issues all over the place, and the drivers side points at the tranny cross member, and many people end up running the exhaust under it
:barf

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you want loud, ditch the 44s and get a couple bullets and have them dump before the differential. This will give you rediculous sound and it will retain a quality sound level too(not all poppy). Keep the stock manifolds, but replace the old gaskets with good copper or multilayer gaskets. Take it to a exhaust shop and have them use exhaust cement to fix the small pinhole leaks. They will charge like 15 bucks to do this if they arent asshole gold diggers. Bullets are 50 bucks a piece new. And you really only need 1 honestly. So one bullet $50 + gasket $20 + some shop time $15 = $85.00 !!! It will be loud and leak free for this price. Call it $100 for PB blaster and sandpaper to clean exhaust ports and loosen bolts. Not bad IMO.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts