Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I want to put 33's on my stock 94's suspension. What wheels do I need to keep them from rubbing my radius arms? I would like to stick with steel wheels as I'm on a budget.

Yes I searched and didn't get the info I'm looking for thanks guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I still use my original wheels for my 33's. Only change I made was to change to 1 ton springs in the front for clearance since my winch made the front sag a little. I rarely have any rubbing except for on the frame in front of the springs and only doing TIGHT turns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I have a 94 EDDIE BAUER still has the factory aluminum wheels. I would prefer it to not rub at all. I was planning on install a leveling kit in the front.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Research it and ask a bunch of questions. My 35's rub on the radius arms which is annoying as hell. It's all about offset, backspacing and wheel width. Good luck
use stock wheels and run 33x10.50x15s will not rub at all ,thats what i run on my 86 with stock lift good luck!
They don't rub on the radius arms at all? If that's the case then I'll be looking at that for my self

·
Registered
76 Posts
Now you've made me paranoid about rubbing so I went out and looked and I have a little more rubbing than I thought. This would be done over the course of close to two years:

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
It doesnt matter what backspacing or wheel width you have, You can set the stops so it wont rub. Now if you are trying to keep your turning circle, get a wider wheel or wheel spacers. You will find that there is not much choices in backspacing in your bolt pattern unless you are getting custom wheels. (I mean true custom made wheels, not aftermarket wheels)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Now you've made me paranoid about rubbing so I went out and looked and I have a little more rubbing than I thought. This would be done over the course of close to two years:

Looks just like mine does. Now I know i'm going to need offset wheels, can someone tell me the specs to look for? or a good company that has them at a resonable price? I will be ordering a full set to match and probably steel ones so I can powder coat them to my color preference.
I will be jacking it up in the future 6", and will be replacing rotors, brakes and probably the old lines too. I'm going with a "system" not a "kit". Gonna buy all this stuff over a few months do it all at once.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
If you buy a stock or stock aftermarket wheel with the five on 5 1/2" pattern, it will almost certainlly come with 3 5/8" backspacing. Now lets say you put a ten inch wide tread tire on a 8" wide wheel and it rubs. If you take the same tire and put it on a ten inch wide wheel, the corner will be 1" further away from the radius arm at full turn. (assuming the 3 5/8" backspacing) This is because the two inches wider wheel all goes to the outside. But the tire allways centers it self on the wheel, so you only get 1 inch more clearence. If you put a 1" wide spacer behind the 8" wheel, you get the full 1" clearence at the arm. I'm not recomending spacers, just explainuing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts