Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cobra 75 came in today, i was messing around trying to find a place to mount the box but i have no clue.... I thought i found the perfect spot inside the dash behind the cubby hole (the one by the steering wheel) but when you put the panel back on it hits :(.....

I don't know where to mount it now, but I want it hidden.... I was thinking the center console, and i could run the wire out the side and it would be right by my drivers seat..... But that leads to, where would I wire it to? I want to tap into something that is only powered by key on, not constant on.... I wanted to tap my radio wire, but damn if i cant get the stupid thing out... (I'm a mess, I know :rofl:)

So, I need some ideas, I've never messed with CB's before so this is uncharted territory for me...

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Just put it in the center console like you're thinking.. Run the wire down and under the carpet and up to the dash.. If you take the time to do it nice and clean you'll be happier in the long run.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just put it in the center console like you're thinking.. Run the wire down and under the carpet and up to the dash.. If you take the time to do it nice and clean you'll be happier in the long run.
The only thing I dont like about the idea is having to rip the carpet back, which is gonna involve unbolting alot of crap lol, but it still looks like the best way

There made to hide under the dash... Some people mount them so the handheld lug goes thru the dash
I know that they are supposed to be under there, but they also show under the drivers seat..... I looked under the dash and short of cutting into a HVAC duct, theirs no room :(

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
am i gona have to make something to hold this too?:doh0715:

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to have my sirrus radio receiver mount to the back of my glovebox but after a few years i think the heat made it crap out so now it in my glovebox with still plenty of room.
I thought about the glovebox, which is where I keep my ipod, but the wire for the Mic wouldnt reach....

I think the center console is the best so I can use my quick disconnect on the bottom.... Now i have to figure out how to get the wire from the console to the radio... if i can get it out.....which i probably cant

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
should have a bracket or make one to mount the plug under the dash the old fords did that
It has a plate and rubber gromet to mount the plug to

what about next to the fuse panel? I know there is some room beside it, and the plastic cover will hide it.
The problem with that would be I'd have a wire going across my lap while using it. Plus I didnt see any where to mount it in there when i had the panel off

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If you want to put it in the glove box, and dont want to pull up the carpet, then you could run the wires under your drivers seat towards the driver door, then under the thresh hold and up to your radio. It's the 'cleanest' way to do it, but it's cleaner than havin wires run across the open floor.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only problem with the glove box is the wire for the Mic wouldn't reach

I figure I could always just tape the wire to a coat hangar and slide it under the carpet until it comes out by the dash, and pull it up.

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
I love my 75WX/ST. It works better than almost all of the big CB's I've owned. I would recommend an external speaker for better sound.
I mounted my power box above the kick panel under the dash, drilled a hole for the mic connector into the lower dash panel under the light switch, and poked a rubber grommet into the hole that holds the connector tight.
Not wanting to hijack, but if anyone knows of an external attenuator so I can run my "booster" please PM me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts