Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going through some tuff times and the only thing keeping my sane is my truck but lately evertything has been falling apart on it and it is hard to keep up what would you guys do

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
start drinking heavily! then start wrenching:drinkbud

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the thing is it worth repairing when the whole undercarrige is rust my leaf spring shackle is ripped apart

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where can i get replacement leaf spring shackels??? and i have tried all my local auto part stores :banghead

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
:lolup It's just one ole time member ragging on another, you know garage banter between buddies.

Dude, lemme give ya some advice from someone whos been down that road...
First, if your using your Bronco as an escape, don't!
Handle the problems in your life. They aren't gonna go away.
At the end of the day when ya come in and wash your hands, have a bite and sit down for the evening..all those problems come rushing back.
Second, as far as fixin' your rig, there are so many variables that I can't make that call for you. You gotta consider your budget, the shape of your rig, and the other goings on in your life...Only you can make that call....

That's just my .02

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,868 Posts
good stuff Blaze, I'd expect nothing less... assuming your sober. :goodfinge

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well the undercarriage is rusted and its not the expenses it the fact that ever since ive owned my beast i keep repairing everything, i just go wheelin to clear my mind. nothing is better then to tear into some mud with my beast to relive some anger:rockon

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Dude, you might as well face it...our sport is a sport of tearing shit up...that's it in a nut shell.
You spend years building a rig, so you can carry it out on the week-end and break some shit, then we work all week (or more) to get it fixed so you can take it out and tear up some more shit, repeat till your broke.
:shrug

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I wouldn't go that far...I still throw 'em back with the best of 'em.
I just aint drinking 5th a day any more.
That's why it says Also available in sober. I assume you're also available in hammered. :beer

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
I wouldn't go that far...I still throw 'em back with the best of 'em.
I just aint drinking 5th a day any more.
dude i am really glad to hear that.

you were kind of scary for a while there. Definitely glad to hear things are turning around for you!

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Just do a search on shackle flips...tons of us have 'em and it's talked about in great detail.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
should i go to ford directly for a leaf spring shackle or junkyard???
i'd hit the jy first.......if nothing else, to lift the spirits.take your old shackle(or measure it),and start searchin'.if you do find one that'll work, grab 'em both, cause you'll prolly need an extra one eventually.
i find a leisure stroll through the junkyard to be relaxing and educational, but i'm somewhat sick and twisted.:beer
and don't turn to drugs/alcohol as an escape....it WILL make things worse.nothing wrong with working on your truck for therapy....works wonders.:thumbup

1 - 20 of 26 Posts