Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here it goes.
1. My rear antilock light stays on and only pops off sometimes but only for about 10 seconds.
2. when i go to slow down from about 55 to 45 my truck will pull to the side, sometimes to the right, sometimes to the left. my brakes and all are good and im aligned and all that good stuff.
3. i keep burning through alternators and the plug.
4. my steering is really loose. i can turn the wheel about 3 inches before my wheels move.
5. if i push the gas down more than half way from a stop or low rpm i get a rich gas smell.
6. my tranny will kick ( shift up and down ) at about 45 mph when its at 2000 rpm.
7. my 4 wheel wont do anything at all ( auto ) when i push the button to engage it.
There is more i just cant think of all of it right now.
any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
710 Posts
too much stuff.

alot of it you can find by searching on here.

your brakes are bad, other wise it wouldn't pull when slowing down. One of your calipers/or wheel cylinders are being slow to respond.

·
Registered
710 Posts
you need to pull the codes to find out what's going on with your gas smell.

For now try pulling the fuse for your anti-lock, see what that does as far as your braking problems, if no help then you know it's not a problem with the anti-lock.

alternator problems... How many have you gone through?

steering, could be lots of things, that will need it's own thread... Sounds like your steering box, but could be many other things.

there are too many things to address here, try them one at a time (not a whole bunch of posts at the same time) and you'll find resolutions for all of your problems.

it's kinda like going to a free supper and trying to fill up a big tub of food...

·
Registered
331 Posts
well you didnt state if you just bought this or have owned it a while so:

#1 & 2: check pads for wear and calipers for leaks or sticking(check rubber around caliper pistons, if all cracked replace/rebuild caliper), bleed brake lines, fill resevoir(or flush if nasty keep off painted surfaces!) clean the ABS sensors with brake cleaner(heavy build up of brake dust and grease can cause your light prob)

#3: DAMN that aint good... electrical debuggin not my strong point

#4 and possibly #2: check bushings on front components, steering column might be wornout(would be my guess if it is a tilt and wobbles, it should be stiff and stay where yo have it set) possible your steering box is shot... whatever the reason, for safety sake you need to fix this problem before driving anywhere but around the block.

#5: inspect fuel lines for leaks, fuel filter, many reasons it could be running rich... could be a possible fire hazard here...

#6: Tranny operation not my strong point, could be anything from a cable adjustment to a rebuild

#7: button could be bad, cable disconnected at transfer case, is front drive shaft there? manual or automatic hubs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for them all being in one i was in a hurry this morning so i didnt have time to post them seperatly. and to answer some questions, i have had it for almost 2 years and for the other question they are automatic hubs.
thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Ok so here it goes.
1. My rear antilock light stays on and only pops off sometimes but only for about 10 seconds.
2. when i go to slow down from about 55 to 45 my truck will pull to the side, sometimes to the right, sometimes to the left. my brakes and all are good and im aligned and all that good stuff.

Is this also a steering issue? You mentioned your steering is loose.
Wheel Bearings?

3. i keep burning through alternators and the plug.

Where are you buying your alternators from?:shrug

4. my steering is really loose. i can turn the wheel about 3 inches before my wheels move.

Adjust the Steering Gear, or buy a new one? Are your tie rods, and ends good?

6. my tranny will kick ( shift up and down ) at about 45 mph when its at 2000 rpm.

Loosen your grip on the gas pedal a little?:shrug

There is more i just cant think of all of it right now.
any and all help is appreciated!
Multi quote qouldn't work, so my answers are in the gray area.:tinfoil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts