Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to FSB I have a 92 EB edition 351 with headers cold air intake, superchip, throttle body spacer, exhuast. I want something to give more power or gas mileage. Any thing you have on yours that i dont have on mine to help with power. THANKS

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
op, you mention that you have "exhaust" what exactly have you done to the exhaust ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sounds like everything that's been done is all you can do, within a limited budget. You could try the Bassani Y-pipe. Other than that, it's gonna be some BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$ to get much more power...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Time to upgarde the fuel and ignition. Then get a serious power tune. this will get you power, then you need to look into going internally and port/polish, then look at cams. :) The you will need another tune lol.

·
Forward Some Money
5,028 Posts
hey guys im new to FSB I have a 92 EB edition 351 with headers cold air intake, superchip, throttle body spacer, exhuast. I want something to give more power or gas mileage. Any thing you have on yours that i dont have on mine to help with power. THANKS
"more power or gas mileage" .............do you understand your question?

If so.....Honda....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any aftermarket aluminum head, intake and cam swap will help both if you drive it right. But the change will make it hard to keep your foot out of it! Do yourself a huge favor and start searching the net for 351W engine info. Even if you don't buy a single part, the time spent researching will be rewarding. Tons of trick parts out there. Once you make a plan and buy the parts, come back here and show us how you did!!

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Convert to Carb, pull off all the smog and remove doors/top and hood.

Don't forget a VTEC sticker.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Convert to Carb
:smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak :smilie_slap :twak

now that I have beaten you and you are in a fetal position on the ground...

:enforce

Andrew, I think you are retarded.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Drop in a V6 out of the new Mustang.
300 HP and I bet you can get 20 MPG out of it.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
Drop in a V6 out of the new Mustang.
300 HP and I bet you can get 20 MPG out of it.
that engine would have a shit ton of problems moving a 5000lbs truck.... lets think about what we are suggesting here....

A stock 351 has 328tq

a 3.7L V6 has 280tq @ redline

:tinfoil

·
Redneck Romeo
1,811 Posts
To the OP: Have you noticed any real gains from the bolt-ons you've done? I'd say other than the headers, nothing you mentioned really makes much of a difference on these trucks.

The CAI may have made an improvement if your original filter was due to be replaced, but in the long run you're just sucking hot underhood air, so any gains the free-flowing filter would have given you are offset by the air temperature.

Without diving into the engine, you're pretty much limited to a Sixlitre tune-up (new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, and a small timing advance). Have you put larger tires on your truck? If so, you could re-gear your diffs and gain some acceleration (not to mention the wear and tear you'd save your transmission).

I sincerely hope you're not wanting to make you Bronco a go-fast rig, because it'll take much more than AutoZone bolt-ons to make that happen. These rigs are big and heavy, so they'll never get great mileage. If you're in the double-digits (even just barely) for mpg in town, be happy.

·
Registered
834 Posts
that engine would have a shit ton of problems moving a 5000lbs truck.... lets think about what we are suggesting here....

A stock 351 has 328tq

a 3.7L V6 has 280tq @ redline

:tinfoil
Fine
3.5L EcoBoost V6
365 HP and 350 torque
(price is no object, right?
And it should still get around 18 MPG)

Or, he can just put in one of the new 5.0 engines that Ford just came out with.
it is "only" 400 HP with 377 torque.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Fine
3.5L EcoBoost V6
365 HP and 350 torque
(price is no object, right?
And it should still get around 18 MPG)

Or, he can just put in one of the new 5.0 engines that Ford just came out with.
it is "only" 400 HP with 377 torque.
They have NO low-end torque, require a control system that's WAY over OP's head, and a supporting cast of parts that'd put him back thousands of dollars.

Some of you guys need to take a course in physics, as well.

OP: you have to decide whether you want more power or better fuel economy. Do some searching here on FSB; almost everything that can be done has been done already. We know what works and what doesn't. I'm not going to tell you more because every n00b asks the same thing, and IMO, if they can't figure out how to use the search function or browse a few pages in these forums, the modifications are going to be too much to handle anyway.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.