Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a 81 with a 351m newly rebuilt. I have Power everything with a 650 cca battery. What size alternator ande battery should I go with. Battery is from oriely's.

·
Banned
443 Posts
I think yours might be a 90 amp, not sure, but you could go to a 130 amp or even better a 160 amp, I think POWERMASTER is a good one...do a search in this forum ...I think there are some write-ups....good luck...

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
no its 65 amps, swap in a 130 amp 3G, its easy.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Right, go to Fireguy's site http://www.fordfuelinjection.com and order the 3G stuff from him. You could get one in a junkyard, but if you get one from Fireguy it will be in new condition and from a junkyard you don't really know what you are getting. You will need a long ear version for your truck, that will make sense when you see the pictures on Fireguy's site, look under the products link.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
If your just looking for a cheap fix click my sig line banner and check the for sale folder. I have a stock alt off my 83. If it looks like yours you can have it for $25. It is almost new.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Was gonna hit the contact us link, and send an email to ask a few questions and see if I can get a deal if I buy a few alternators at once, then I saw this:

I have 3842 unread messages, as of Mar 28th 2006.
LOL, guess we're paying full price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts